False positive: MSIL/Microsoft.Bing.A

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

As of one hour ago, every time I start my computer there are 2 potentially unwanted program alerts warning, leaving me the choice to either block or ignore. This happens after every restart and stops afterwards. The same issue is happening on my wife's computer, except there's a "file could not be cleaned" warning on hers.

Nothing new has been installed on either computer, and multiple scans from different on-demand scanners came back negative. That's definitely a false positive in opinion. I do have "Bing Wallpaper" installed, but there were no issues up until now.

Please see the screenshots included (my computer is in French, so sorry if the warning message isn't in English). Also, seeing the ESET logs there are 2 files HASH that seem to be the culprit: F62DCE6673081B3E2C8776AE1C03712155A39934 and 47117AD02FE0991C4B52465BFD910C03B521C1CF. I'm running the latest version of Windows 11 22H2 and ESET Smart Security Premium 16.0.22.0 (I just checked both for updates right now).

I figured this would not get resolved if nobody is reporting it, so here goes. I hope that helps as there are 0 results anywhere for "MSIL/Microsoft.Bing.A". Let me know if you need any other informations.

Capture ecran 1.png

Capture ecran 2.png

• Marcos locked this topic
  • Administrators
  • Solution

The detection is already being discussed here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/34381-bingwallpaperappexe-msilmicrosoftbinga-multiple-warnings

It's not a false positive. In order to prevent multiple topics on the subject, we'll draw this one to a close.