Blank ESET window

Go to solution Solved by TomFace,

Two times now in the past 3 days, after rebooting my PC, I get a blank ESET Smart Security window after clicking on the icon (sorry I do not have an example). The borders are there but the main body of the window is blank. A reboot seems to solve it. I do see the ESET splash screen at start up. I am running Win 7 Home Prem/IE11/Smart Security V8.

However, in between those two times, I received a "Error communicating with kernel" message.

I did a install repair and that seemed to fix it (later I found hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2280&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1413822516913).

Any thoughts? I got the kernel message while deleting a copy of the ERARemover and Sysinspector from my desktop (yearly cleanup :D).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by TomFace

Update.......just happened again-blank screen then "Error communicating with kernel". 
So I followed KB Solution ID: SOLN2280 and in the services.msc the ESET services was stopped. So I restarted it and rebooted. Prior to this happening I did a Indepth Scan and found nothing. But the scan log shows 2 entry scans earlier (of E & D) when this happened previously that I did not initiate:
10/20/2014 11:05:21 AM E:\ 2061 0 0 Completed
10/20/2014 10:56:14 AM D:\ 12 0 0 Completed

Just did the Sirefef (ZeroAccess) Cleaner scan and it was negative-now doing an indepth scan. Then will run the ESET Win32/IRCBot stand-alone cleaner from the Command Prompt window

Am I missing something?

Edited by TomFace

Thanks foneil that was my next stop.

UPDATE: The indepth scan came up negative. I tried to run the ESET Win32/IRCBot stand-alone cleaner from the Command Prompt window with elevated privileges (Win 7) and after typing CD Desktop got "the system cannot find the path specified". Also tried w/o elevated privileges, got a bit further but no scan (info) in the window (another window opened for a split second but I could not read it). So that did not work. Think I'll see if it happens again and if it does just open up a ticket. Feeling a bit lost right now... :unsure:

Edited by TomFace

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

KB Solution ID: SOLN2280 seems to have solved my issue.

Sorry for the late update.

Edited by TomFace