Customer satisfaction survey 2022

Marcos

Customer satisfaction survey 2022  

37 members have voted

1. 1. For how long have you been using ESET products?

• 1 year or less
    • 1-5 years
    • More than 5 years
  2. 2. What ESET security products do you use? (multiple selections are possible)

• ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    • ESET Internet Security
    • ESET Smart Security Premium
    • ESET CyberSecurity / ESET CyberSecurity Pro for MacOS
    • ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security for Windows
    • ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux
    • ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security for macOS
    • ESET Server security products
    • ESET PROTECT (on-premise)
    • ESET PROTECT Cloud
    • ESET Inspect (on-premise)
    • ESET Inspect Cloud
  3. 3. Do you find the footprint of ESET in comparison with competetive products

• Lighter
    • Equal
    • Heavier
    • I cannot tell
  4. 4. Do you find detection and protection capabilities of ESET in comparison with competetive products (based on your own experience):

• Better
    • Equal
    • Worse
    • I cannot tell
  5. 5. Have you been infected with malware while using ESET in last year? If yes, please provide details about the malware in a comment below.

• Yes, the malware was found by another antivirus
    • Yes, the malware was found by myself
    • No
  6. 6. Have you been hit by ransomware while using ESET last year?

• Yes
    • No
  7. 7. Do you plan to renew your ESET license? If not, please provide reasons in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Were most of your forum queries answered in a timely manner this year?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Did you mostly get accurate answers to your forum queries this year?

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. If you opened a support ticket, did it lead to a resolution of your issue? If not, please include also the ticket numbers in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't contact technical support

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrators

Dear users,

Another year has gone by and we would like to ask you to give feedback on our products and this forum for the past year. This year was tougher than usual due to the Ukrainian crisis which resulted in an increased number of cyber attacks, a loss of some markets but on the other hand it also created opportunities and challenges.

On behalf of ESET let me thank you for being our customers. It's been our mission to provide you with quality products and services to protect your digital words. We endeavor to listen to your feedback and tailor the products to your needs and liking. This is also why we have interviewed many of our business customers this year to learn more about your issues, use cases, feedback on product features, etc. which help us bring better products and services for you.

We would like to ask you to spend a while answering the following questions which will help us improve things even further. As for the upcoming year, besides other improvements that we plan we hope to please those of you who have requested improvements to the firewall rule editor (preliminary scheduled for v16.2) or those who wanted to support wildcards in HIPS rules.

Regards,
Marcos

• Marcos pinned this topic
  • Most Valued Members

I voted  equal for the footprint as I still find it's slow on start up, with the updates and start of scan but my computer 9 years old and think it's just getting slow in general.

I'd like to see more options for ransomware like the option to roll back, protected folders. Excited to see the firewall rules and wildcard for hips.

I'm so excited to hear about HIPS & Firewall improvement, but i know you will not open pandora box here LOL. Maybe just asking, is it posible to make the rows of the firewall rule to be red or anything that can warn user if path from the object is changed and will happy if spesific for the firewall rule and HIPS support export import.

• Most Valued Members
37 minutes ago, Mr_Frog said:

I'm so excited to hear about HIPS & Firewall improvement, but i know you will not open pandora box here LOL. Maybe just asking, is it posible to make the rows of the firewall rule to be red or anything that can warn user if path from the object is changed and will happy if spesific for the firewall rule and HIPS support export import.

I've often suggest a way to remove dead rules which I'm hoping they'll implent and also to be able to rearrange rules by names as well as an icon representing the apps

• Administrators
2 hours ago, anton83 said:

It's bad that Eset lost some markets.

We intentionally stopped selling to Russia and Belarus: https://www.eset.com/int/ua-crisis/.
Actually losing some markets is never as bad as human tragedy.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, peteyt said:

I've often suggest a way to remove dead rules

There should be an option to filter old unused rules which you could delete then.

Delighted to learn that there will be improvements regarding ESET firewall. I hope there will be a reputation-based filtering mode, which utilizes LiveGrid reputation to automatically allow trusted applications to make outbound connections, and to notify users when unknown applications attempt to connect to the Internet. It is useful in blocking backdoor trojan.

Also, I would like to see some improvements regarding Deep Behavioral Inspection funcation as I've noticed it hasn't been updated for some time.

I wish I could edit my response, as I didn't see the entire product list. In addition to ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security for Windows we also use

• ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security for macOS
  • ESET Server security products
  • ESET PROTECT (on-premise)
  • ESET Inspect (on-premise)

We usually have pretty good luck with helpful responses in the forums, though the ESET Inspect forum is pretty dead. I do appreciate ESET Devs and support staff presence there.

We're still waiting on a fix for an EI Agent bug from back in January. Reference #00291733; almost a year later and EEI Agents on Macs still do not support licensing, which seems like pretty basic functionality. The EI product seems quite buggy, still.

Honestly, my biggest complaint is with support and the support process. Wait time on my last chat was almost an hour. I had a case opened (#00444283) on 10/27, had a remote session on 10/28 and have not gotten any responses since. I've emailed several times requesting additional information and providing additional information, but have gotten no responses or even confirmation of receipt. Response times are typically very slow and it's frustrating to get no replies, have no follow up, etc.

I appreciate the opportunity to provide feedback.

"Have you been infected with malware while using ESET in last year?"

No, I have not , but so is true on some other PCs where I use the native Windows Defender; so question is not quite relevant.

I find it disturbing that there is no option to delete my account or reverse the linking to a Google account. I do not feel comfortable with any product that does not have a clearly labeled Exit door.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, EP1936 said:

I find it disturbing that there is no option to delete my account or reverse the linking to a Google account. I do not feel comfortable with any product that does not have a clearly labeled Exit door.

You can delete your ESET HOME account in your profile setup:

image.png

• Administrators
3 hours ago, rotaru said:

Disturbing.....

Not really because:
1, A low number of voters (less than 30, so every single vote increases the percentage by quite a lot)
2, The number doesn't tell anything about where and how the encryption occurred. If it was NAS with Linux (ie. without ESET installed), if it was an old unsupported version of OS or OS with security vulnerabilities unpatched, if ESET was installed and was configured properly, etc. Basically in all ransomware cases that we have analyzed it was a system vulnerability that allowed an attacker to gain permissions, log in and disable the AV prior to running the ransomware, or it was files in shares shared for everyone with full permissions when ransomware was run on a remote machine without ESET, etc. Therefore I'd like to take this opportunity and ask those who come across ransomware encryption to contact samples[at]eset.com, and provide logs collected with ESET Log Collector, a couple of encrypted files as well as the ransomware note with payment instructions from an affected machine for a start.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Not really because:

So, if the answer YES/NO does not provide any valuable info for future ESET development, why was introduced in survey????

As a side note, your explanation can apply to any "inconvenient YES/NO" answer in the survey.....

Do you plan to renew your ESET license?

Not sure about renewal. I have a 5 Device license which runs until  Oct-2023. I will do some trials before that.

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Michael A said:

Product stopped working on Mac OS Ventura. So I am not renewing ESET because it has not worked in over 1 month. I had to switch to another AV for protection.

This procedure has worked for most if not all users who have upgraded to macOS Ventura: https://support.eset.com/en/kb8339. If it didn't work for you, I'd recommend contacting customer care.

We have reported the issue to Apple.

On 11/16/2022 at 2:27 PM, Michael A said:

ESET has worked great since I chose this application in March 2022. I have had the same issue with the Ventura OS with no resolution for about a month now. Because it no longer works, I am cancelling my auto renewal and foregoing the rest of my paid subscription and moving on to another solution.

(BTW, The screen Captcha used in this forum does not work on IOS)

On 11/16/2022 at 3:19 PM, Marcos said:

This procedure has worked for most if not all users who have upgraded to macOS Ventura: https://support.eset.com/en/kb8339. If it didn't work for you, I'd recommend contacting customer care.

We have reported the issue to Apple.

Thank you Marcus. We have used ESET for years on Windows. Using it on Mac's is new.

I do not have time to work with Apple Customer Care. After 30 days, I need a working solution now. I have successfully installed and paid for a competing Anti Virus on our Macs running Ventura. Hopefully, there is an ESET solution at another point in time.

Edited by Michael A

• Marcos locked this topic
  • Marcos unpinned this topic