Green Border (Chrome)

Guest MattStriker

Starting today I've been getting a green border around any and all chrome windows. Some digging (and a REALLY tiny notification thingy) eventually clued me in that ESET banking protection was responsible.

Except a.) I'm not doing any banking or payment right now and b.) the "hide browser's green frame" checkbox does nothing, the border is still there regardless of whether it's checked or not.

Does anybody know what's going on there?

• Administrators

You can disable it here:

image.png

Then the green frame will appear only for a short while when launching a browser to indicate that it's being protected and that you can safely enter sensitive information on websites.

Guest Johan

Well... short while? It's been a green border around my Chrome windows for at least 2 hours now ⏲

I unboxed the green frame-setting and now they directly disappeared, so thank you! 🙏

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, Guest Johan said:

Well... short while? It's been a green border around my Chrome windows for at least 2 hours now ⏲

I unboxed the green frame-setting and now they directly disappeared, so thank you! 🙏

What Marcos meant is when the green frame is disabled it will still show up briefly on launching the browser. This is so that you can still see the browser protection is working

Guest TYGRR
On 11/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, Marcos said:

You can disable it here:

image.png

Then the green frame will appear only for a short while when launching a browser to indicate that it's being protected and that you can safely enter sensitive information on websites.

where is this setting in the panel? any video would help as i cant seem to find it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonim9000

Well, I unboxed setting
and 1 hour passed and there is still frame on the left and right (no top and bottom surprisingly).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.