Green Border (Chrome)

Guest MattStriker

Starting today I've been getting a green border around any and all chrome windows. Some digging (and a REALLY tiny notification thingy) eventually clued me in that ESET banking protection was responsible.

Except a.) I'm not doing any banking or payment right now and b.) the "hide browser's green frame" checkbox does nothing, the border is still there regardless of whether it's checked or not.

Does anybody know what's going on there?

• Administrators

You can disable it here:

image.png

Then the green frame will appear only for a short while when launching a browser to indicate that it's being protected and that you can safely enter sensitive information on websites.

Well... short while? It's been a green border around my Chrome windows for at least 2 hours now ⏲

I unboxed the green frame-setting and now they directly disappeared, so thank you! 🙏

• Most Valued Members
5 hours ago, Guest Johan said:

Well... short while? It's been a green border around my Chrome windows for at least 2 hours now ⏲

I unboxed the green frame-setting and now they directly disappeared, so thank you! 🙏

What Marcos meant is when the green frame is disabled it will still show up briefly on launching the browser. This is so that you can still see the browser protection is working

On 11/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, Marcos said:

You can disable it here:

image.png

Then the green frame will appear only for a short while when launching a browser to indicate that it's being protected and that you can safely enter sensitive information on websites.

where is this setting in the panel? any video would help as i cant seem to find it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest CarribeanPirate

I got rid of the green border, but yellow one came afterwards - again from ESET and there is no 'remove yellow border option' 

Whats going on with this BS?

Guest CarribeanPirate

Some EsetLive grid and wanting to put some IP doors and stuff so it can connect, I just dont want any borders disturbing, because they are present in fullscreen youtube/twitch videos/streams which i basically anoying.

I've ended turning off the whole banking protection thing. Why does Eset need to add in random and entirely pointless indicators that serve no useful purpose at all just to add a level of visual confusion? If it works, no need to be pushy about it. Otherwise warn, simple. Now it's just dead.

• Administrators

When entering sensitive information such as your bank card ID, it is important to have an indication that the browser is secured and that it's safe to continue with transactions for instance. I understand that there may be people who don't care and write down PIN and other sensitive info on their desktop at hand, however, security companies must use secure approach and practices.

I'm not against the banking protection itself. Just don't add pointless visual elements that are confusing. Or make them opt-in, not out-out, or if Eset feels that this is important for companies then opt-out logic should be for companies, not home users.

I have been with eset for decade and a half now and this feature is frankly annoying. Great that I can turn it off but it should be off by default. Please stop adding confusing and unwanted visual aids to my browser or anything else. I love eset, I feel my devices are safe, and that is all it needs to do. Work in the background, don't annoy us with adding random visual aids.

• Marcos locked this topic