roling back to nod32 version without changing licence

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I recently updated my eset version to the newest version.Everything was looking great, but  one day it showed me that my licence has been expired so i checked what happened. I discovered that my broduct rolled back to nod 32 from smart security premium. I thought that it might be a small missunderstanding so I changed my licence to the original once.

Today same problem happened and my version changed to nod32 having same licence(that was showing on that day) with same licence id(3AN-77C-G2C).

• Administrators

I was unable to find any valid license registered to that email address auxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi2@hotmail.com.

It's impossible to update a not activated product. The best would be if you could provide a video of how you activate ESSP and how it downgrades to EAV.

Basically, my friend bought the license that I previously asked him to buy it for me. So I entered that license to activate my ESSP and talking about the rollback, it randomly rollback to nod 32  version on starting the pc with license id-3AN-77C-G2C and licence validity- 28/7/2022 and this happened only after the update.

Screenshot (198).png

• Administrators

There's a message along the line "Your free ..." and "Get protected" which is not fully visible in the screenshot.

The license 3AN-77C-G2C was business products, not for ESSP or other home products. License keys must be kept confidential and not shared. However, home product licenses can be shared via ESET HOME license manager.

Please purchase a license for ESET Smart Security Premium and use it for activation or uninstall the product.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, shourya deep said:

My ESSP licence is different.

What is your ESSP license then? There is no license registered with your forum address sXXXXXXXXXXX5@outlook.com.

No home user license is registered to aXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXi2@hotmail.com either. All business licenses registered with that email address already expired.

• Administrators

It's a 30-day ESSP trial license, he definitely didn't purchase it or purchased it from a scammer, typically much cheaper than normally sold. Moreover, it has been misused to activate more product instances than it allows.

image.png

Please purchase a license for ESET Smart Security Premium and use it for activation or uninstall the product.

• Administrators
  • Solution
4 minutes ago, shourya deep said:

so did i just got scammed?

If you or somebody else paid for the trial license then unfortunately yes, you felt a victim of scam.

We strongly recommend purchasing a license only from authorized ESET sellers and partners.