ESS 7 - Trial username and password

Guest luci

I installed ESS 7 over my ESS 6 trial.

Now i asks for a username and password.

I already uninstalled and installed again.

Can these be provided to me so I can start testing it?

Thank you!

• Former ESET Employees

Uninstall the product, restart your computer and then reinstall the beta.

At the end of the installation process, when it asks you to activate, choose "Activate the beta version" and you should not be prompted for a username/password.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ESS7 BETA user

At the end of the installation process, when Smart Security 7 BETA asks to activate, I choose "Activate the beta version", enter real email-address twice and response is all the time similar:

"Activation failed. Activation error: The license renewal has failed. Click /here/ for more information that may help solve your activation issue."

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

You probably are entering an email address that already has an active username and password associated to it. You can either try a different email address or try to retrieve your (trial) license details here: hxxp://www.eset.com/us/support/lost-license/

Guest ESS7 BETA user

The email address I am entering, to activate ESS 7 BETA by choosing "Activate beta version", that has no active username and password associated to it, because it is fresh disposable email-address generated by Yahoo Mail. So there is no reason to assume I have "wrong" or "used" email. Could the reason be that activation process itself block the "@yahoo.com" addresses?

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

Sorry, I cannot speak for ESET as to whether they block any emails during the beta registration or not. I only spoke from my experience when I had to uninstall the beta, then reinstall it a couple of days later. I could not register using the same email address but found a new, previously unregistered, email address would work. I later found out that I could request my beta trial user-name and password from the above link I posted, and that worked also for me.

I am sorry that neither of these methods worked for you...

Edited by puff-m-d

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Trial licenses cannot be renewed, but if you contact your local ESET reseller, distributor or office, they may be able to provide you with another trial license if there was some reason you were not able to fully evaluate the software for consideration of a purchase in the time provided by your initial trial license.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Today, my trial expired...how can I get new trial username and password?