ESS 7 - Trial username and password

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_luci_*

Guest_luci_*
  • Group: Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

I installed ESS 7 over my ESS 6 trial.

Now i asks for a username and password.

I already uninstalled and installed again.

Can these be provided to me so I can start testing it?

Thank you!

#2 Marcos

Marcos
  • Group: ESET Moderators
  • Kudos: 514

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

After installation, you should be offered an option to activate the beta version.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

no an option to activate the beta version.

still asking  username and password.

#4 dwomack

dwomack
  • Kudos: 53

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Uninstall the product, restart your computer and then reinstall the beta.

At the end of the installation process, when it asks you to activate, choose "Activate the beta version" and you should not be prompted for a username/password.

Resources: ESETWe Live SecurityContact ESET SupportESET KnowledgebaseESET NewsLatest Virus Signature Updates
Social Media: Facebook (global) • Facebook (US) • TwitterTwitter (US) • YouTube (US) • YouTube (KB) • Google+ (US) • PinterestLinkedInGroup

#5 Guest_ESS7 BETA user_*

Guest_ESS7 BETA user_*

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

At the end of the installation process, when Smart Security 7 BETA asks to activate, I choose "Activate the beta version", enter real email-address twice and response is all the time similar:

"Activation failed. Activation error: The license renewal has failed. Click /here/ for more information that may help solve your activation issue."

#6 puff-m-d

puff-m-d
  • Group: Members
  • Kudos: 27

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Hello,

You probably are entering an email address that already has an active username and password associated to it. You can either try a different email address or try to retrieve your (trial) license details here: http://www.eset.com/...t/lost-license/

Best regards,
Kent

#7 Guest_ESS7 BETA user_*

Guest_ESS7 BETA user_*

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

The email address I am entering, to activate ESS 7 BETA by choosing "Activate beta version", that has no active username and password associated to it, because it is fresh disposable email-address generated by Yahoo Mail. So there is no reason to assume I have "wrong" or "used" email. Could the reason be that activation process itself block the "@yahoo.com" addresses?

#8 puff-m-d

puff-m-d
  • Group: Members
  • Kudos: 27

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hello,

Sorry, I cannot speak for ESET as to whether they block any emails during the beta registration or not. I only spoke from my experience when I had to uninstall the beta, then reinstall it a couple of days later. I could not register using the same email address but found a new, previously unregistered, email address would work. I later found out that I could request my beta trial user-name and password from the above link I posted, and that worked also for me.

I am sorry that neither of these methods worked for you...

Edited by puff-m-d, 08 July 2013 - 02:53 AM.

Best regards,
Kent

#9 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Today, my trial expired...how can I get new trial username and password?

#10 Aryeh Goretsky

Aryeh Goretsky
  • Kudos: 101

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

Hello,

Trial licenses cannot be renewed, but if you contact your local ESET reseller, distributor or office, they may be able to provide you with another trial license if there was some reason you were not able to fully evaluate the software for consideration of a purchase in the time provided by your initial trial license.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Today, my trial expired...how can I get new trial username and password?

Distinguished Researcher
ESET North America

ESETWe Live Security (blog)RSSlatest signature infoThreat CenterVirusRadarTwitterSupport News

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users