No Notification after an successful Update anymore

Since 1 or 2 weeks; I don´t get an Notification after an successful Update. I like this Notification. Does anybody has an idea, why I don´t receive these Notifications anymore?

Many thanks!😊

Thomas

• Administrators
On 10/30/2022 at 8:05 PM, Werderforever said:

Hi Marcos, yes, it´s enabled.

Did you try uninstalling ESET, installing it from scratch with default settings and update notifications enabled?

I will second that the Eset sig. update notification popup alert has been intermittent on ver. 16.

For example, the last couple of days the sig. update popup did not appear on Eset update after first system start up of the day. Today, the popup appeared after first system start up of the day. This pattern has occurred since ver. 16 update.

I also observed that when the sig. update popup doesn't appear after first system start up of the day, it won't show on subsequent sig. updates throughout the day. However, I will receive other update popups such as one for a module update.

The main point to note is the sig. updates are occurring at regular intervals.

Appears Eset has introduced "Halloween gremlins" in ver. 16.

• ESET Insiders

I have both enabled. Though today I got notification (2 notifications when I was at computer), which didn't happen for some time before today.

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

I have both enabled.

Same here.

Also after coming out of sleep mode and a sig. update occurring, I did not receive the popup notification. I am not surprised by this. Eset and Win sleep mode are problematic to say the least.

Today after a cold boot system startup. sig. update notification popup not working.

Like I posted previously, ver. 16 has gremlins ....................

• ESET Insiders

Right after startup notification was not shown on my system also. Few hours later after next update, notification was shown. Waiting for another one to happen to see how it goes.

• Administrators

Does switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup make a difference?

What is logged in the event log when modules are updated but no notification is shown?

Today at first system startup, I received sig. update notification popup.

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

What is logged in the event log when modules are updated but no notification is shown?

The exact same Event log entry as received when notification popup occurs;

Time;Component;Event;User
11/2/2022 8:55:38 AM;ESET Kernel;Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 26188 (20221102).;SYSTEM

Today's log entry;

Time;Component;Event;User
11/3/2022 8:29:00 AM;ESET Kernel;Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 26194 (20221103).;SYSTEM

Edited by itman

• Administrators

Let's clarify one thing to make sure we're on the same page. Do you mean that you get absolutely no notification when the engine is updated? I mean you don't get neither this

image.png

nor this notification?

image.png

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Let's clarify one thing to make sure we're on the same page. Do you mean that you get absolutely no notification when the engine is updated?

I answered this previously.

Module update notification has never been an issue.

Sig. update notification is intermittent. So far if a notification is given at first system startup of the day, subsequent sig, update notifications will appear. However, if the PC later enters sleep mode, upon resume from sleep mode sig, update notifications no longer appear.

I also suspect this might have something to do with Win 10 push notifications. I have observed if that service is connected to an IP address of 13.xxx.xxx.xxx, Eset sig. update notifications work. If the service is connected to an IP address of 40.xxx.xxx.xxx, no Eset sig. update notifications.

Edited by itman

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, itman said:

Module update notification has never been an issue.

This explains it. If the engine is not the only module that has been updated, you will get this notification for all modules, including the engine:

image.png

Another notification about the engine update will not appear. It has worked this way since v3 and maybe even earlier.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This explains it. If the engine is not the only module that has been updated, you will get this notification for all modules, including the engine:

Err .......... I only get a module update every 4 - 6 days or so. As such, it has absolutely nothing to do with the intermittent sig. update notification issue.

I just noticed something.

Eset auto scheduled task to run update after user logon was disabled and hasn't run since 10/26. I believe that was the date I upgraded to ver. 16:

Eset_Scheduler.thumb.png.1c9bd5bf95c19e4960af4734eb85471c.png

Instead, the auto dial-up task was enabled. So I have disabled the dial-up task and enabled the update after user logon task.

Let's see if this makes a difference.