Secure payment browser crashing

• ESET Staff
3 minutes ago, reisender1967 said:

Unfortunately there are no crash reports there.

Here is the exact behavior: After some actions on a web page, a part of the page suddenly turns black and Firefox freezes completely.
I then quit Firefox via the task manager and restart the protected browser.

Ok, so it's hang and not crash and that's why you don't have any crash report. So I still encourage you to

Open EIS > F5 > Web and email > Banking & Payment Protection > disable Enhanced memory protection

download Process Explorer and when it happen in the future, use this task manager to create Full dump and after that kill process.

image.png

Without dump/log, we're unable to check, what's going on.

• ESET Staff
On 11/2/2022 at 5:03 PM, constexpr said:

We're working on update, that will fix this issue (browser crash due to collision of Secure browser with KeyScrambler), I'll keep you informed. Stay tuned

On 11/2/2022 at 6:37 PM, khaled22 said:

ok thanks

Browser crash with KeyScrambler is fixed at BPP module 1286 (currently on pre-release server), so it can be used together.

You can test it and let us know, if it helps.

Thanks for report.

9 minutes ago, constexpr said:

Browser crash with KeyScrambler is fixed at BPP module 1286 (currently on pre-release server), so it can be used together.

You can test it and let us know, if it helps.

Thanks for report.

Thank you for the update. Once i get it ill test and let you know

35 minutes ago, khaled22 said:

Once i get it ill test and let you know

At the present time, you will have to switch Eset to pre-release update mode per the below screen shot to get this update. Otherwise, you will have to wait until the update is released via the regular update channel.

Eset_Update.thumb.png.39cf545934d61e1015edd0db0a3dd5df.png

2 hours ago, itman said:

At the present time, you will have to switch Eset to pre-release update mode per the below screen shot to get this update. Otherwise, you will have to wait until the update is released via the regular update channel.

Eset_Update.thumb.png.39cf545934d61e1015edd0db0a3dd5df.png

Thanks BUT you forgot to mention that this change will mess everything up! most of websites gave certificate error along with gmail. Now i have 2 emails locked for "too many attempts" and have to wait few hours to try again. and i hope i can login and not loose them!

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, khaled22 said:

Thanks BUT you forgot to mention that this change will mess everything up! most of websites gave certificate error along with gmail. Now i have 2 emails locked for "too many attempts" and have to wait few hours to try again. and i hope i can login and not loose them!

Switching between release and pre-release updates does not have any effect on the ESET root CA certificate which would account for the issues you've mentioned. Does temporarily disabling SSL filtering with browsers closed, clicking OK and re-enabling it fixes the issue with SSL filtering?

i dont know but thats what it happened.. changed to pre-release..saw an update either 17.5mb or 175,  tested edge and chrome since firefox was already opened as i was using it. both browsers didnt crash and reverted back to normal releases. Then every website on firefox either was misbehaved or give certificate error. i thought maybe something from pre release cause it and add it again but problem continued with websites. waited some time and checked again,same problem. then decided to revert back to normal again and restarted firefox.

Edit: Now everything seems to work fine without errors and thankfully i managed to recover the emails. AS for the BPP ill test again when its fully released on normal schedule

Edited by khaled22

• Administrators

BPP module 1288 was released on the pre-release update channel just a few hours ago. It will be released on the regular update channel probably at the beginning of the next week.

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

BPP module 1288 was released on the pre-release update channel just a few hours ago. It will be released on the regular update channel probably at the beginning of the next week.

in the mean time keyscrambler updated to v.17 and seems to be working with BPP