Secure payment browser crashing

another problem with v16. When banking browser is enabled/support all browsers, i tried all 3 browsers edge/firefox/chrome and once open in secure mode they all crash on single letter writing

Do you have any additional security software installed? For example, anti-keylogging software, SpyShelter, etc.?

Edited by itman

8 minutes ago, itman said:

Do you have any additional security software installed? For example, anti-keylogging software, SpyShelter, etc.?

i have keyscrambler

• Administrators

Most likely this driver is causing the issue:

KeyScrambler, c:\windows\system32\drivers\keyscrambler.sys, KeyScrambler Keyboard Encryption Driver, QFX Software Corporation

BPP already contains keyscrambling functionality so it will not co-exist with another keyscrambler.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Most likely this driver is causing the issue:

KeyScrambler, c:\windows\system32\drivers\keyscrambler.sys, KeyScrambler Keyboard Encryption Driver, QFX Software Corporation

BPP already contains keyscrambling functionality so it will not co-exist with another keyscrambler.

i disabled keyscrambler and still browsers crash. Each time i enable/disable banking do i have to do pc restart? Its my main pc and its not an easy task to restart every time an option changes. i have lot of tasks to do after each restart and i want to avoid it

• Most Valued Members
1 minute ago, khaled22 said:

i disabled keyscrambler and still browsers crash. Each time i enable/disable banking do i have to do pc restart? Its my main pc and its not an easy task to restart every time an option changes. i have lot of tasks to do after each restart and i want to avoid it

Do you mean disable or uninstall? If there are remnants e.g. drivers it could possibly be still causing conflicts

36 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Do you mean disable or uninstall? If there are remnants e.g. drivers it could possibly be still causing conflicts

disabled..not removed...the conflict is from installation/driver?

1 hour ago, khaled22 said:

.the conflict is from installation/driver?

Yes. Uninstall KeyScambler. Verify that its driver has been removed. Retest to determine if the problem is resolved.

5 minutes ago, itman said:

Yes. Uninstall KeyScambler. Verify that its driver has been removed. Retest to determine if the problem is resolved.

made another test..instead of just disable keyscrambler i exited the app fully...banking browser was working.didnt crash (tested edge only at the moment)

17 minutes ago, khaled22 said:

so nothing will be fixed again?

Eset B&PP mode has never been compatible with stand alone anti-keylogger apps.

If you insist on using KeyScambler, your only choice is;

1. Disable secure all browser mode in B&PP.

2. Disable KeyScrambler prior to opening a stand alone B&PP session via desktop icon or with the Eset GUI.

Note that the stand alone anti-keylogger needs to set a hook or thread in the browser to monitor keystrokes. B&PP mode locks down the browser preventing this activity from occurring.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

It's like asking if installing another AV with real-time protection in tandem with ESET will cause an issue. We can't tell definitely yes but very likely it will. Even if they might seem to work together, performance issues or detection or cleaning issues might occur under specific circumstances, e.g. upon threat detection.

I am posting a screen shot below from the KeyScrambler manual that might allow you to run it concurrently in Eset secure browser mode. Disable the "Supported Web Browsers" option and test if you can now enter data in Chrome, Edge, or Firefox w/o any issues.

Note that the "culprit" here is KeyScrambler in that it provides no exclusion capability for AV solutions with a secure banking/payment protection feature.

Eset_KeyScrambler.thumb.png.50c2c43520d1a580eedcd4859ca77844.png

Edited by itman

9 minutes ago, itman said:

I am posting a screen shot below from the KeyScrambler manual that might allow you to run it concurrently in Eset secure browser mode. Disable the "Supported Web Browsers" option and test if you can now enter data in Chrome, Edge, or Firefox w/o any issues.

Eset_KeyScrambler.thumb.png.50c2c43520d1a580eedcd4859ca77844.png

Thank you for your reply/update. Here are my options.profiling Is not activated

asdfdssfd.jpg

I would contact KeyScrambler tech support and see if there is a way you can exclude select web browsers; Chrome, Edge, and Firefox from it.

• ESET Staff

We're working on update, that will fix this issue (browser crash due to collision of Secure browser with KeyScrambler), I'll keep you informed. Stay tuned

1 hour ago, constexpr said:

We're working on update, that will fix this issue (browser crash due to collision of Secure browser with KeyScrambler), I'll keep you informed. Stay tuned

ok thanks

• ESET Staff
10 hours ago, reisender1967 said:

Just for Info, Firefox Secure Banking also crashes sporadically for me after input and I don't use any other virus or keylogger software.

Windows 10, ESET Internet Security 16.0.22.0

Does it happen on first key press in secured browser, or it's just random (when the browser has been running for some time)? Does Firefox create some minidump, that you can share with us?

If you are able to replicate it, or if you are willing to wait for crash and send it to us, can you please:

1. Open EIS > F5 > Web and email > Banking & Payment Protection > disable Enhanced memory protection
  2. Download ProcDump to some prepared directory and run in console as admin
    procdump.exe -i -ma firefox.exe
  3. When crash occurs, dump file will be stored in the same directory next to procdump. Upload .dmp file here
  4. Enable Enhanced memory protection from step 1 and uninstall procdump running
    procdump.exe -u

Many thanks

• ESET Staff
11 hours ago, reisender1967 said:

It is just random, sometimes there is no problem, sometimes it crashes several times in a row.

When you open in firefox address

about:crashes

do you see any submitted or unsubmitted crash report? If yes, for submitted there is 'View' link to crash-stats.mozilla.org, for unsubmitted you can submit them first. Can you share with us some crash-stats link?

Unfortunately there are no crash reports there.

Here is the exact behavior: After some actions on a web page, a part of the page suddenly turns black and Firefox freezes completely.
I then quit Firefox via the task manager and restart the protected browser.