Third party logo in EIS window

Last year I bought a new laptop, which came with EIS pre-installed and licensed by the vendor for an initial period. When opening EIS, the window has the logo of the PC vendor in the lower left corner.

On expiration of the initial licence period, I transferred the licence to an unused seat on my own subscription, which is all good, but I thought that the vendor's logo might disappear after the licence change, yet it hasn't.

I know it's not the end of the world, but is there a way of removing the logo from the product without a complete uninstallation and reinstall? I'm guessing there must be a logo file in a folder somewhere, and perhaps a registry entry that could be removed?

Hi Marcos, No. As I said, I'm trying to avoid that as the product is already installed. I just transferred it across to my licence in my ESET account. It has updated to a new version since I transferred it, but the logo persists.

Can I do an over the top install with the installer? I assumed I would have to remove EIS and reinstall if I went down that route? 

Edited by Phil_S
Spelling

• Administrators

I assume you installed it using a special custom installer created by the ESET partner. The only way to get rid of it will be uninstalling ESET and using the installer from ESET's website.