How do I remove threats?

igyb

I scanned my c drive and boot sector, and it said it found 22 threats...but I didn't see an option anywhere to clean/remove/quarantine them....how do I do that?

• Administrators

If you run a Smart scan, it automatically cleans found threats. The same holds true for custom scans unless you tick the "Scan without cleaning" box. How did you actually run the scan? What ESET product / version do you have installed?

And have you checked how many items you have in your quarantine, or is it empty?

From main GUI -> Tools -> Quarantine

Hi,

Sometimes the found threats are issues in a dialogue box at the end of scan to be dealth with. You also have the option of changing the cleaning priority to "strict" in the threat sense engine parameters, which can be adjusted for , in depth, smart, or even real-time prot scans.

Haha, now no one will understand what I talk about because the post above mine (#5) is gone.  :lol: For anyone interested I think the links in my post will explain most if it.  :)

Edited by SweX

• Administrators

Haha, now no one will understand what I talk about because the post above mine (#5) is gone.  :lol: For anyone interested I think the links in my post will explain most if it.  :)

Yeah, I've removed that post as well as it was no longer referring to existing content :)

Yeah, I've removed that post as well as it was no longer referring to existing content :)

Yes that's good.  :)