Protection against hacking programs

Hi, I have a question for you how to protect yourself from kali linux and other hacking programs, what ports should be blocked as generally as possible to protect against them because antiviruses and firewalls are not enough, although I note I have never used kali linux or parrot OS so please be understanding

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, martinsquare23680 said:

Hi, I have a question for you how to protect yourself from kali linux and other hacking programs, what ports should be blocked as generally as possible to protect against them because antiviruses and firewalls are not enough, although I note I have never used kali linux or parrot OS so please be understanding

Having an up-to-date operating system is important against attacks from Kali Linux as since most of attacks look for Vulnerabilities, and it's important to have a hardware firewall(router in most cases from ISP) that would block all INCOMING ports as default and keep only OUTGOING

And also ESET version of Smart Security and Internet Security they offer a firewall and network based protection which can prevent and block these attacks.

Edit:

Aside from this , load your browser with something like uBlock Origin which will remove all Ads and bad stuff, if you are more paranoid , use uMatrix , it will block all JS from sites , but can break sites if you don't click to allow them

And last thing is , don't click weird links or open files you don't trust , you should be good :)

Edited by Nightowl

I mean how to protect myself from malicious tools in kali linux and parrot OS how to protect my computer from being tracked on the Wi-Fi network by unauthorized people I have a suspicion that someone is breaking the password to my wi-fi and I can't find out how to block it I mean such a tool as aircrack-ng and other network utilities

• Most Valued Members
15 hours ago, martinsquare23680 said:

I mean how to protect myself from malicious tools in kali linux and parrot OS how to protect my computer from being tracked on the Wi-Fi network by unauthorized people I have a suspicion that someone is breaking the password to my wi-fi and I can't find out how to block it I mean such a tool as aircrack-ng and other network utilities

Your router is different thing, better to keep the router updated with the latest firmware which should fix security issues , if it's not in support anymore and doesn't receive updates , I highly recommend buying a router that has update support

WPA2 can be cracked if I am not mistaken, but having a long password can make it harder for the attacker to find it

If you feel your WIFI is getting jumped on, first try change the SSID and Password(make it complicated and long)

If your router is vulnerable and it's provided by your ISP , you can call them and ask them to replace it with one that have security updates, if not it's better you buy one and let the ISP router stay as Modem (bridge mode)

Read more here about WPA2 : https://www.fortinet.com/blog/business-and-technology/wpa2-has-been-broken-what-now

A newer router will offer you WPA3 which is better for now , but some devices just doesn't have compatibility with WPA3 especially if they were old

A personal firewall on your devices and a hardware firewall(router) should be enough to protect from all these attacks