Help cleaning Kryptik.CKQZ trojan

Fellow ESET forum members, 

Unfortunately I woke up this morning to find a detected trojan on my computer...ESET has quarantined the trojan and cleaned it twice but I am not sure if that is everything off my computer. I have my final exams next week and require my notes and essays written...which is worry me a little. The Object which is seen from the log files are: 

Operating memory >> obupdat.exe(5212)

With threat: 

Win32/Kryptik.CKQZ trojan 

With not much time on my hand, would anyone be able to tell me the severity for me to clean this at a later date or is there any methods of making sure that it's remove + removing it. 

Much appreciated for your support, 

Soshisone.

Hello soshisone,

Win32/Kryptik.CKQZ is malware detected by our heuristic (behavior) detection, so it can be any threat. In situations like this, I would highly recommend referring to the our removal guide below, following each step closely.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My computer has a virus—what should I do? (Preliminary malware troubleshooting)

hxxp://kb.eset.com/zap/SOLN2505

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feel free to ask any additional questions that you may have.

Best,

David

• Administrators

Win32/Kryptik.CKQZ is malware detected by our heuristic (behavior) detection, so it can be any threat.

To put this right, it's not a heuristic-based detection but a generic detection using smart DNA signatures. The statement that it can be virtually any malware is correct though.