Latest upgrade stuck at 92%

How long is the upgrade expected to take? Ours has been stuck at 92% for about 40 minutes:

"Updating database: 92% (Creating partitions for process table)."

I'm a little hesitant to cancel, but it doesn't appear to be going anywhere.

I believe this step can take a couple of hours in large environments. 

I would recommend letting the process continue, you could perhaps monitor activity on database side to make sure it is still doing something :)

• ESET Staff

I recommend walking away and letting it be.  Depending on which version you are upgrading from, it can take quite a bit to complete.  Some of the earlier versions of EI could take hours to upgrade due to the changes needing to be made to the database.

But yes, that final part of the upgrade will just sit there at about 92% for the longest.  Hopefully your upgrade doesnt take too long, but don't be surprised if it does take a couple of hours.  Just don't click cancel, and let it do what it needs to do.

I've a feeling it's stuck. Past upgrades have usually taken less than 15 minutes. This one still hasn't moved in over an hour. There are no updates to the server log file, nor the database install log file since the start of the installation.

I will let it go for now with fingers crossed.

17 minutes ago, Mitchell said:

I would recommend letting the process continue, you could perhaps monitor activity on database side to make sure it is still doing something :)

How does one monitor the activity on the database side?

The database_install_log file last entry only shows the following: "q":"CALL proc_execute_update_procedures('1.8', '2022-06-16', 'update_processes_table')"

That last entry was over an hour ago.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Could you please confirm that the upgrade process was eventually completed after a longer time?

Thanks for the follow-up. It did finally complete successfully after a little over 2 hours.

This was an upgrade from just the version prior (1.7.1991.0). And the fifth upgrade we've done. Never had one take anywhere close to this long. Makes me wonder if some database maintenance is needed and what that might look like.

• ESET Staff

There was some spitting of tables in the current v1.8.  There is a good chance this is what lead to the upgrade taking longer.   The only other item I know of that affects the speed of upgrading is hard drive space.  If there isn't enough drive space, it can slow down or completely stop the upgrade process.