ESET Protect Upgrade Error

mars_ots

Go to solution Solved by mars_ots,

Hi, I am trying to upgrade ESET Protect version to the latest and got the error code: 1603. I am updating from 9.0 to 9.1 using the All-in-one installer. I was able to upgrade before the same from 8.0 to 9.0 with no error but this time it errored out. I restarted the server where the ESET Protect resides and still the same. The machine where the ESET Protect resides also has ESET Server Security product installed. Hoping for some help. :)

eset protect upgrade error (2).jpg

• Administrators

(UNKNOWN)     Error 1921. Service 'ESET PROTECT Server' (EraServerSvc) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.

Did you get a UAC window to elevate permission upon running the AiO installer? If so, I would recommend opening a support ticket for help with troubleshooting the issue.

I did not get a UAC window. I just right click the AiO file and run as administrator. I was able to do so without error when I upgraded from 8.0 to 9.0 ver. I will create a support ticket. Thank you.

• Administrators

When I run setup.exe via Run as administrator, I get a UAC window so maybe this is the problem:

image.png

• Solution

Issue was resolved with ESET support ticket. The error code 1603 usually pertains to restart the server. I did restart the server but when I restarted it again with the advise of ESET support and the installation was successful.