Eset antivirus 5.0.2272.7 windows 11 installation issue

di_di

Hi guys, does anyone know how to install EAV 5 if I have windows 11?

Installation process starts, but at the end it rolls back with message it can't be installed.

Any fix for it?

Thank's Marcos, but my question is not about support. It's about installation process. I'm able to install it in windows 10 without any issues, but recently we started windows 11 upgrade process and I need to install it along with windows 11.

There should be some registry\gpo tweak I believe.

• Administrators

EAV v5 drivers won't load on Windows 10 either. Moreover, we do not provide module updates for v5 so it wouldn't update even on older OS.

Just to make sure you know what you talking about.

Official windows 10 image from MS and "eea_nt64_enu.msi" package from ESET with 5.0.2268.0 eamon.sys

Works on hundreds windows 10 I installed for the last 6 years

Capture.JPG

• Most Valued Members

perhaps Marcos in the last post was confused with the v5.0 home version. in any case, since the business endpoint product is relatively recent, it will install on windows 10 but as it's reached EOL from December 2020, it won't receive any updates, so the computers will be at risk

Thanks shocked, I'm aware of it and just need to know if anyone knows how to install it with windows 11, that is all what I want to know.

Capture.JPG

• Administrators

The first version of ESET Endpoint Antivirus v5 was released in 2011, ie. 11 years ago. Limited support ended 2 years ago.

As for limited support, it is generally limited to Technical Support and Development Support, which is limited to bug fixing (critical bugs/vulnerabilities only), and there is no support for new operating system versions.

https://support-eol.eset.com/en/policy_business/os_support_policy_win.html

Windows Client

Operating system

Earliest end of OS support date*

Compatible ESET client product version**

Windows XP / Vista

March 2022
Limited module updates availability due to SHA-1 certificate expiration

6.5 only

Windows 7
Non-SHA-2 compatible

December 2022
Limited module updates availability due to SHA-1 certificate expiration

6.5 only

Windows 7
SHA-2 compatible

December 2022

9.x, 8.x, 7.x, 6.5

Windows 8.1

December 2022

9.x, 8.x, 7.x, 6.5

Windows 10

See below

9.x, 8.x, 7.x, 6.5

Windows 11

See below

9.x***

* Estimated End of Support (EOL) for the specific operating system based on internal forecasts and extended support commitments.
** Assumption based on current best knowledge and supported product builds; possible change of product version due to unforeseen technical blockers.
*** Version 8.1 and below are not officially supported with Windows 11. It might work, but it is not guaranteed.

Is there a reason why you want to use such an old version? 

As Marcos pointed out it won't receive any updates. An antivirus without regular updates will be as effective as a paperweight. 

Just now, TheStill said:

Is there a reason why you want to use such an old version? 

As Marcos pointed out it won't receive any updates. An antivirus without regular updates will be as effective as a paperweight. 

Hi, I have a mirror to update from, that's not an issue :)

There's a company compliance I need to follow. Eset upgrade scheduled for a different time.

• Administrators

Version 8.1 and below are not officially supported with Windows 11. It might work, but it is not guaranteed.

Endpoint v5 can be updated only from a special mirror provided to those who have purchased extended support.

Even if you managed to install Endpoint v5 and update it, the level of protection against current threats would be low. Much better protection would be provided by Defender if you cannot install a non-EOL ESET product on the machines for whatever reason.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff
On 10/17/2022 at 3:56 PM, di_di said:

Hi, I have a mirror to update from, that's not an issue :)

There's a company compliance I need to follow. Eset upgrade scheduled for a different time.

I'll try to be as clear as possible here. We do not want anyone to run v5 on Windows 11. The product is end of life, that means we can't help you in any way.

As for using the mirror, please be informed that it can break at any time in the future without any previous notice. Use it at your own risk.