Application modification detected

1145130471_permissivefirewallrules.thumb.jpg.a41bf4919b91fc6bd9ceb25b10a001d3.jpg1145130471_permissivefirewallrules.thumb.jpg.a41bf4919b91fc6bd9ceb25b10a001d3.jpgI received a popup notice from Eset that Adobe Acrobate was trying to change the rules on my firewall. To Allow or not. I don't know if this is legit or not. What shall I do? I use Win 7.  I do have a problem logging into one of my sites. Would this changing of rules correct the problem?

• Most Valued Members

Allow it (Keep Permissive rules) as you need to do that when some applications update that need internet access.

The site that does not work , does it not display ??

The site that  I have problems with does display. I get Emails from there ads, able to go there but cannot receive the verifying code they send me to login. Is there a problem relationship with Adobe?

• Marcos changed the title to Application modification detected
8 hours ago, woodust said:

I get Emails from there ads, able to go there but cannot receive the verifying code they send me to login

How is the verification code being sent? Via e-mail?

• 2 months later...

This happens when an application was updated or modified. Check if you have auto updates enabled for that software and if it has recently updated, if yes, it's normal.

As a side note, a good deal of malware apps hide as Adobe Acrobat. You are probably better using your browser as a PDF reader and uninstalling it completely.