Prevent user disable block all network traffic

jojonguyen

Dear Team,

How can I prevent users disable block all network traffic because the function "Block all network traffic" on endpoint security is not affected by password protection.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, jojonguyen said:

Dear Team,

How can I prevent users disable block all network traffic because the function "Block all network traffic" on endpoint security is not affected by password protection.

I don't know if there is another way , but I have a way of preventing the user of doing so

Change the ESET GUI to Terminal , then it will be hidden from the endpoint users then they cannot make a change to it.

• Administrators

Currently this is not possible, however, the same could still be possible to accomplish by unplugging the LAN cable from a machine. We allow disconnection without requiring a password so that any user can disconnect the machine from network in case he or she unwittingly opened a potentially dangerous file. Of course, this is an unlikely scenario but if a password was required, the malware could infect the whole network even if the user was able to prevent it.

As @Nightowl has pointed out, you can set GUI to "Terminal" as a workaround.