Server 2012 upgrade with ESET Protect

We're running a virtual 2012 R2 server with ESET Protect installed. We'd like to do an in-place upgrade from 2012R2 to 2016.

Any feedback or experience as far as issues with ESET during the upgrade? Of course we'll stop ESET, SQL, and Apache services prior.

• 2 months later...

Just FYI for anyone interested. I upgraded our ESET virtual server from Windows 2012 R2 to 2016. It was mostly successful, except once complete, Apache Tomcat no longer existed as a service. I'm not sure if this is to be expected, or not.

As I still had the ESET Server install files, I re-ran the setup and it did not detect Tomcat, so gave me the option to install it. Once that was done, everything seems to be working fine.

• ESET Staff
14 hours ago, j-gray said:

As I still had the ESET Server install files, I re-ran the setup and it did not detect Tomcat, so gave me the option to install it. Once that was done, everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks for letting us known. Would it be possible to check system logs (even viewer) for any clue that would provide more details of why was service removed? We have seen similar reports related to Windows7 -> Windows10 migrations, but not sure we found out where the problem is - especially because we are using fairly standard mechanisms for service registration, and my only idea is that service was removed due to some incompatibility detected by Windows itself.

I've searched through the few log files, as well as all of the Event Viewer and have found nothing. Likely there were log files in the old Windows directory, but I've already removed it due to space consumption.