Scheduled scan only runs after unlocking the continuously powered-on computer in the morning

• Administrators

I can only repeat what I said:

If disabling the above setting resolves the issue, we expect it to be fixed in v16.0 or 16.1.

Now I can confirm it will be fixed in v16.0. Please stay tuned.

I am aware that you have said this and thank you for the confirmation, what is hard is when I get "hey this workaround fixed it be happy", which is not helpful, I am aware I have a kludge fix. I just repeat myself because I do not want people to look and say oh that is the fix. The fix is only good when I can use the features of the software and not have to perform either mental gymnastics or resort to external functionality to make what is a built-in function work properly.

I just feel that if I pay for software, functions your own documentation describes should work. I know a crazy thought in today's world where no software is ever released complete, PC users are essentially the world's largest unpaid QA department.

• Administrators

Probably no software has ever been released as 100% bug free, even Microsoft must release updates frequently to address newly discovered issues and vulnerabilities no matter how good QA tests are. In this case the issue didn't manifest on every system, we were unable to reproduce it when you or somebody reported it. However, we were eventually able to pinpoint it.

If you switch to the pre-release channel, ESET will update to v16 which has the bug already fixed.

I did not say it was easy or even possible, I just stated the fact that with rapid release schedules and easy high speed access software has become far more prone to quick release with some issues and re-release to put out the fires.

• Most Valued Members
On 10/18/2022 at 11:52 PM, Kliebor said:

I did not say it was easy or even possible, I just stated the fact that with rapid release schedules and easy high speed access software has become far more prone to quick release with some issues and re-release to put out the fires.

The problem is some bugs are hard to find. There are so many hardware/software combinations that it's impossible to know every bug. I've seen people post stuff that was specific to their hardware and without someone using that hardware eset wouldn't know the issue.

At the end of the day Eset identified the issue after investigating and gave a temporary workaround while working on the fix which is actually available now on pre release so I think that's good customer service really. I've seen some fix for programs take far much longer 

I understand, and even said that above, I also thanked them for the update, what in my post anywhere said I thought ESet was awful? I merely stated that the posts saying the workaround is a solution are wrong. I have no idea why I keep having fanboys attacking me in comments, I am not attacking ESet people, take it easy...

Thanks.

I know, I am not debating that, goodness, I will update as soon as it goes public release. I am perfectly fine with the work around until then, I have no desire to be on a potentially less stable beta version. Once the ESet team is happy with the release and it goes gold so to speak I will update and mark your post as resolution to my issue if all works as expected. 

Thanks,

• Administrators

Just to put things right and to prevent misunderstanding, it is not a beta which is currently available on the pre-release update channel. It's the final / golden version 16.0.