Customization for Web control in android

eclipse79
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello, 

I am trying to customize the web page that an android user sees when he tries to surf to a blocked web page. I used the variables available at https://help.eset.com/ees/9/en-US/documentation_for_users_connected.html?idh_config_parental_message_customize.htmlm that is specific for windows version (in android help page there is no info about variables). These variables do not work.

I would like to use %URL_OR_CATEGORY% or %CATEGORY% variables... they are different in android policy? Or they are not implemented?

Thanks
Fabio 

• Administrators
  • Solution

Placeholders are not currently supported in Web Control notifications on Android. However, your request has been noted and we should be able to add support in future versions.

thank you.

I would like to suggest another feature. 

Currently, if you enable web protection for Windows, MacOS and Android, you need to manage 3 different list of allowed/blocked categories, url, url group, for each policy. 

I think it would be very useful to centralize these lists and use them in the policy you want. Now, if I need to add a website to whitelist, I have to update 3 different policies.

• Administrators

This is not possible. Each product has different settings, set of features and therefore separate policies too. Web Control and Web access / Anti-phishing features are way different across OS (Windows/Mac/Linux/Android).

48 minutes ago, Marcos said:

This is not possible. Each product has different settings, set of features and therefore separate policies too. Web Control and Web access / Anti-phishing features are way different across OS (Windows/Mac/Linux/Android).

Yes, but in Eset Protect Cloud there are some objects that are independent from the specific policy. I am talking about "users" that you assing to clients. I think that a solution can be found.. Url and categories should be configured in cloud Eset Protect Cloud in the same way you do for users, and then you should assign to specific policy.