ESET Endpoint Security does not show update to 9.1.2057.0

LSATWYN
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Most devices in the network are currently on 9.0.2046.0. However, this is obviously not the latest version. However, on several devices, when I attempt to update to 9.1.2057.0, the update doesn't show up. It just scans for an update, and then nothing, as if there is no update available and it's already on the latest version. 

Not sure why this may be happening?

• Administrators
  • Solution

Currently v9.0.2046 is the last available via auto-update. V9.1.2057 can be currently installed or upgraded to via a software install task.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently most of our devices are on version 9.1.2051.0 and a software install task to 9.1.2057.0 seems to have broken a lot of our workstations. We have then had to go in manually and do extra steps for the product to update and function on the new version successfully. I talked with ESET chat support and they said to just wait the 60 days grace period for the clients to auto update on their own. It has since past that grace period and our devices are still not updating. I have verified under ProgramData/ESET/RemoteAdministrator/Agent/EraAgentApplicationData/Logs/status.html that the clients are getting the proper policy as Auto-update is enabled from the automatic policy update pushed out by ESET. I also created another policy with the same purpose and can verify that the clients see that policy as well. Should I wait until version 9.1.2060 is released as mentioned above and hope that the clients update on their own or take a different course of action? This is also the case with Encryption as it's stuck on 1.3.1.25. The agent and inspect seems to be updating properly. I have a case already open with ESET, please advise, thanks.

Edited by TonyRSD13

• Administrators

Endpoint v9.1.2060 has not been released yet, the latest version is currently v9.1.2057.

a software install task to 9.1.2057.0 seems to have broken a lot of our workstations.

Please elaborate more on what kind of issues you have run into after installing v9.1.2057. It should work flawlessly except that a restart would be required or recommended after installation / upgrade.

The license breaks and the product comes up as not activated and prompts to enter the license key in order to install completely. I tried pushing out a activate license task but that fails also. The license key is the same. Only when I manually go into the client and enter the license key will it take properly. Doing this however, causes 2 licenses to be chewed up in the system as the client device shows up with a (1) after it when activation is finished. This only happens for the security upgrade. For the Encryption if I do a task, I am able to update successfully. Even though auto updates are enabled for both. I shouldn't have to do this process as they should be updating on their own, correct?

• Administrators

When upgrading Endpoint by sending a software install task, do you keep the license blank? This would ensure that during upgrade the product won't be deactivated and reactivated but activation using the existing license will be preserved.

Of course, it should work also when a license is selected, however, this would require further troubleshooting and opening a support ticket.

image.png

I can try your suggestion and let you know how I make out. Aside from that, shouldn't my clients be auto updating from 9.1.2051.0 to 9.1.2057.0 with the built in automatic policy that ESET pushes out and that I can confirm shows up on client devices under the status log? 

Hi ,

I'm quite confuse with this new auto-update feature.

I'm in 9.0.2046, I was waiting for the 9.1.2057 to be released for auto-update, so it will not. I must wait for the next release plus 1 month. So I will probably update my clients manually once again...

Still got some questions, in my policy I enabled the options for auto update and when I retrieve the applied policies of a client a parameter (that doesn't exist in policies) state "Never Update" in Update/profile/Product Update.

My last question is, do you have a link with some kind of roadmap for the future release, the release available in autoupdate.

Thanks

Gael

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2022 at 4:02 AM, GaelR said:

Hi ,

I'm quite confuse with this new auto-update feature.

I'm in 9.0.2046, I was waiting for the 9.1.2057 to be released for auto-update, so it will not. I must wait for the next release plus 1 month. So I will probably update my clients manually once again...

Still got some questions, in my policy I enabled the options for auto update and when I retrieve the applied policies of a client a parameter (that doesn't exist in policies) state "Never Update" in Update/profile/Product Update.

My last question is, do you have a link with some kind of roadmap for the future release, the release available in autoupdate.

Thanks

Gael

https://help.eset.com/latestVersions/?lang=en  = release dates