Unable to get an online upgrade quote offer Multi-device internet security

carmik

Apart from my job function where I am the admin for around 160 endpoint security licenses with liveguard (out of the 2000 for the entire organization) I'm personally been buying eset for my family systems. Mostly 5-user/1yr Internet Security licenses, bought from Amazon.de https://www.amazon.de/-/en/dp/B07H5XLB29/ref=dsvrt_myd_asin_block

The price of the package has become ludicrous to be honest, rising to around 50 euros for the package, considering I used to be able to buy it at 28-33 euros tops... Buying from reputable sources is a must, considering the scams that are ongoing (ebay etc).

So I've been trying to find better prices. Even though I'm buying licenses from the German ebay, I'm using them in Greece. I tried to get a quote for a renewal, after visiting the relevant Greek ESET page at https://shop.esetgr.com/renew/?lang=el and received the following message (translated from Greek):

"Incorrect data. Please try again. The information you entered does not match a license.
Please go back to the previous step and check the details of the license you have entered."

IIRC I had contacted the Greek support for the license and they told me that they could not "see" it. Do note that the license is happily entered on my.eset.com.

Trying to ask for a renewal for the same license on the German ESET renewal page at https://buy.eset.com/de/cart/login I received a (translated) "partners mismatch dialog content" countdown from 5 to 0 and then the same again from the start.

How the heck am I supposed to be able to find where I should ask for a quote? Are there other mechanisms in place?

• Administrators

Since I was unable to find any license registered with your forum email address, please provide your public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX for a start.

• Administrators

The license was issued by ESET Germany. Therefore the Greek partner can look up basic license info only by the public license ID, not by the license key.

As for the problem with logging into e-store at https://buy.eset.com/de/cart/login, I've contacted e-store support. Will keep you posted.

Thank you for doing that. Unfortunately, I'm still not offered an upgrade quote, citing the fact that I've bought the license from a partner yada yada yada...

image.png.fcaa8d8d44f7a8a1a592d4076903bd2b.png

I did not say I was unable to login. I said that I am unable to get an upgrade quote. On PC after logging in there was a button under the right part of the page, close to the auto renewal button. Pressing that threw the error in my previous post.

Edit: I'd paste a screenshot from my mobile, but I receive an error when trying to login.

Edited by carmik

I'm feeling I'm running around hoops here, this should be an easy and fast procedure, regardless of where you've purchased the software.

I'm frankly considering switching to the either the free Bitdefender or the equivalent product to NOD32 (ie no internet security/total security bloat).

Thanks for your help though mate, you really tried to help me out here.

• Administrators

I have reached out to ESET Germany sales, they will contact you shortly on this matter to clear up and hopefully settle things to mutual satisfaction. By the way, I would not suggest downgrading to ESET NOD32 Antivirus. ESET Internet Security also includes network protection which can block network communication targeting unpatched vulnerabilities in network protocols to spread malware which is not possible with NOD32 Antivirus.