Compatibility ESET products with Malwarebytes

I wanna have ESET Smart Security Premium alongside Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium. Is it okay idea? Are they compatible? So both these products have these functions: Brute-force protection, Exploit protection, Ransomware protection. If I would have both products at the same time, which these functions(which are duplicated) would work?

2 hours ago, Kristal said:

I wanna have ESET Smart Security Premium alongside Malwarebytes Anti-malware Premium. Is it okay idea? Are they compatible? So both these products have these functions: Brute-force protection, Exploit protection, Ransomware protection. If I would have both products at the same time, which these functions(which are duplicated) would work?

Eset does not let you install Malwarebytes together, if the two have real-time enabled, this is all more difficult. I believe that the vast majority of antiviruses that are focused on security do not let another product be together on the same pc. not to mention that it makes your machine slower, and even vulnerable.

18 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

Eset does not let you install Malwarebytes together, if the two have real-time enabled, this is all more difficult. I believe that the vast majority of antiviruses that are focused on security do not let another product be together on the same pc. not to mention that it makes your machine slower, and even vulnerable.

Malwarebytes developers say that ESET products don't conflict with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.

I have been using ESET Premium, Mbam Premium, AND SuperAS Pro - all real-time & have NEVER had a hiccup - this over many years. YOUR experience is what matters BUT I'd get it. Mbam probably has a Trial period and they really try to help in Sppt Forum.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/41-malwarebytes-for-windows-support-forum/

2 hours ago, Kristal said:

Malwarebytes developers say that ESET products don't conflict with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium.

"Malwarebytes developers" would say whatever is necessary to sell their product... including that "Malwarebytes" is an antivirus replacement.

2 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

Test, install and see how the two of them will be on your machine.

1 hour ago, COStark26 said:

I have been using ESET Premium, Mbam Premium, AND SuperAS Pro - all real-time & have NEVER had a hiccup - this over many years. YOUR experience is what matters BUT I'd get it. Mbam probably has a Trial period and they really try to help in Sppt Forum.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/41-malwarebytes-for-windows-support-forum/

I can only see they delete each other or they don't. But I can't see how they influence on each other's functionality.

27 minutes ago, rotaru said:

"Malwarebytes developers" would say whatever is necessary to sell their product... including that "Malwarebytes" is an antivirus replacement.

It's very reputable company. They never lie.

Edited by Kristal

5 hours ago, Kristal said:

MBAM has only been tested as compatible with NOD32: https://www.malwarebytes.com/pdf/reviews/avtestingreport.pdf . Also not the testing was done only for Win 8 and XP.

Search the Eset forum as to postings of people having problems running MBAM concurrent with other Eset consumer products; there are many.

The standard recommendation pertaining to running two AV's concurrently is one must have its real-time scanning disabled to avoid conflicts. In other words, use the free version of MBAM and only perform on-demand scanning with it. If you decide to run MBAM with its real-time scanning enabled, Eset will not assist you if conflicts arise.

Edited by itman

There is no reason to install and use them together. ESET outperforms MBAM in almost every aspects, especially false positive control and detection rate. 

If you are not confident in ESET's behavior blocker, you can try using Hitman Pro Alert or Kaspersky Anti-ransomware Tool, both claiming to be compatible with most 3rd party AVs.

7 hours ago, AnthonyQ said:

There is no reason to install and use them together. ESET outperforms MBAM in almost every aspects, especially false positive control and detection rate.

No. I tested both products with 8k+ modern malwares, ESET detects malwares better than MBAM, BUT there are a lot of malwares which were detected by MBAM and were compromised by ESET, so there is a reason to use them both.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Kristal said:

No. I tested both products with 8k+ modern malwares, ESET detects malwares better than MBAM, BUT there are a lot of malwares which were detected by MBAM and were compromised by ESET, so there is a reason to use them both.

The thing is you can use them together but there is always a potential risk. 

Think of it this way - 2 security products realtime protection both detect something but as they do at the same time it causes issues as both try to block the same file. You could argue that the result could actually be that neither block it because of this and the virus gets through.

Most people would as mentioned above only have 1 realtime AV. You can try both but there's always a risk but it depends if your willing to take that risk. If not just use the free version and run on demand scans