Been being hacked for two years.. Any ideas?

Legitxix

Hello my Computers, and Phones been hacked for over 2 years,(bought 2 new phones and ssd). Mostly all my emails are gone with Google Workspace attached to them, all my info and others in the house is compromised. I reformatted atleast 20 times, bought a new ssd hd, as well as two new phones which were both into as soon as I turned them on out of the box. What software can I use to completely wipe my m.2 ssd? I'm not logging into gmail when I reformat due to Onedrive. I read I have to break my phones warranty to put it back to default which they hacked anyways out of the box. Any suggestions? Spent atleast $5000 switching isps, going to local places who just took our money and didn't look deep into the phones just apps... Getting unbearable knowing your always remotley hacked and can get your cc info whenever they want. Could my BIOS/UEFI Firmware have a rootkit/malware? I always use a vpn it doesn't do anything, (Nord).. Thanks for the help.. Also there is a bluetooth device with a bunch of numbers which I cannot figure out what it is as well it's always been on 24/7.

Really need help guys thanks.

Edited by Legitxix

• Most Valued Members

You had a similar post from a different user if I am not mistaken , didn't you?, I don't know there was a similar post like this but I can't find it , not from your user but.

About BIOS/UEFI , you can flash an image from the laptop/motherboard manufacturer and then you can make sure you don't have a rootkit , because it won't survive a flash

After that you can install your OS , and secure your home with your own router/firewall which isn't supplied by the ISP if you don't trust them , if they are really bad , just switch them.

VPNs also doesn't protect you if you are infected with malware and it's running in the system , the VPN won't do anything. it would just encrypt the connection from your side to the VPN side and then to internet , but still malware is residing in your system

1. Flash BIOS/UEFI
  2. Protect yourself with good firewall(hardware) for LAN, some good company that support the router/firewall model for updates or buy something that can be flashed with OpenWRT which is a secure system
  3. Install System(Windows/Linux , your choice)
  4. Install AV
  5. Update all
  6. Reset all your passwords and protect your accounts with 2-step Verifications , and don't use easy passwords or passwords that can be guessed easily and don't use same password for all accounts
  7. https://haveibeenpwned.com/ Check if your email is leaked in some database , it could also help you how others can gain your passwords.
  8. You should be good to go

Don't click suspicious links and stuff like this , and usually Bluetooth is always turned on if you don't turn it off with computers.

Thanks for the information appreciate it, I got my own modem, router not to expensive but supports vpns. I usually use my computer for gaming, So your saying look for a company that provides firewall for LAN for my router? Phones are the most difficult part I been looking in to getting it how I got it brand new(flash firmware etc) but yet again they hacked a brand new phone as soon as i turned it on not conntected to anything.. and would assume they could transfer files right back on to my computer. I'm tech savvy but not that much.

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Legitxix said:

Thanks for the information appreciate it, I got my own modem, router not to expensive but supports vpns. I usually use my computer for gaming, So your saying look for a company that provides firewall for LAN for my router? Phones are the most difficult part I been looking in to getting it how I got it brand new(flash firmware etc) but yet again they hacked a brand new phone as soon as i turned it on not conntected to anything.. and would assume they could transfer files right back on to my computer. I'm tech savvy but not that much.

It's not like in the movies that a brand new phone will be instantly hacked, you should also buy phones that receive operating system updates ,

Look for a router from TP-Link or maybe in USA Linksys is more popular , buy one Linksys and protect your LAN with it and forget about the ISP modem , let it do whatever it wants , your router which for example the Linksys would be able to protect all devices inside the LAN

But won't protect you from an infected device inside the LAN , it's better to keep everything uptodate with updates and have an AV scan all your PCs and you should be good

You should be a high target for someone to keep targeting you with rootkits and stealthy stuff or zero days or someone is just bullying you if it's really happening , but don't get over-paranoid from internet security because you can never feel safe 100% , like in real world.

Edited by Nightowl

• Most Valued Members

I'd also add that unless the router is hacked it's unusual to have a new phone hacked straight away. Most general users are not targeted as there isn't much of a point unless you are someone high up in a business.