Is version 9.0.2046.0 still available via auto-update or has it been pulled?

st3fan

Hi everyone

We are making use of the auto-update feature in order to upgrade our endpoints from 8.x to 9.0.2046.0. This seems to work quite well. However, there were a few endpoints where it took days, sometimes weeks, before this update appeared, even though the same agent/proxy policies apply. I then opened a ticket with Support as I wanted to understand what was going on.

Support informed me on the 19th of August that Head Office apparently removed the 9.0.2046.0 auto-update option. However, our endpoints still receive this update, even after I cleared the proxy cache. We have not had any issues with 9.0.2046.0 so I would like to continue deploying this to all our endpoints but after receiving Support's feedback I am no longer sure what is going on here.

We have been notified by the Head Office that version 9.0.2046.0 seem to have a bug that is fixed on Version 9.1.20.57 which will only be avaible for Auto-updates in the next 30 to 60 days. Currenlty the auto-update reprository will not upgrade any endpoint to version 9.0.2046.0 and thus any endpoint on an older version than 9.0.2046.0 will remain on said version until 9.1.x is available for auto-update.

Does anyone have any further info on this? Are there any major issues in 9.0.2046.0 that one should be aware of? I have seen the forum posts regarding subsequent versions that caused problems but nothing regarding 9.0.2046.0.

Also, please let me know where I could possibly find out if a release is available via auto-update or not and, more importantly, if it has been pulled? All I found was this post here. Is there an overview somewhere that lists most recent releases and clearly shows which of these releases is available via auto-update or not?

Thank you.

Edited by st3fan

Not sure about Auto Update - but 9.0.2046 is still in the repo.

I have a task for this version in my eset protect console to roll back users who are having slow outlook issues with 9.1 until resolved and its still a valid download.

Just use your Protect console to push the 9.0 update out via task and disable the option in task setup to install the latest version.

Edited by FTL

That's a good point. Surely they would have pulled it from the repo too if there were major issues. I'm not sure if I am getting accurate information from our local ESET Support to be honest.

Do you immediately reboot your endpoints after you deploy 9.0.2046.0 via task, @FTL? As far as I know, this is one of the drawbacks of this type of deployment, i.e. that a reboot is required. This is why I wanted to look into the auto-update option instead.

Our local ESET Support responded and confirmed they made a mistake. 9.1.2046.0 was removed from the auto-updates list, not 9.0.2046.0.

@Marcos, is there a public list somewhere that us admins can refer to in order to find out which ESET versions are currently offered via the auto-update option?