Automated updates to version 9.1

Hi,

I've read through a few posts about Automate updates from 9.0 to 9.1 being delayed until later in 2022.

Our situation is that we've circa 2000 devices that are on 8.1 and full support for that is ending in November.

It seems like we can relatively easily auto-update from 8.1 to 9.0.x but then need to move to 9.1 more manually - is this correct path and only option we have open to us?

9.0.x doesn't have full support at present so staying on that is not an option.

I'm just looking to be sure I'm understanding situation and also hoping for a date on when 9.0->9.1 auto-update will be available.

Thanks!

• Administrators

Auto update to v9.1 is not scheduled yet since there is no suitable v9.1 for auto updates yet. Have you already tried installing it on a few machines via a software install task and didn't experience any issues, especially with regard to MS Outlook?

Hi,

we can update to 9.1.2057 using Software Installation (ESET Endpoint Antivirus) in ESET Protect.

This was ok but the end users get a lot of warning pop-ups whilst it happens which we didn't see on moving from 8.1 to 9.0.

If "auto-update" capable 9.1 will not appear soon then we will look more at this method so we can update from 8.1 before end of November.

Perhaps 8.1 full support might be extended until issue is fixed?

• Administrators

According to https://support-eol.eset.com/en/policy_business/product_tables.html, Endpoint 8.1 is fully supported until November 30, 2022. By that time a new service release of Endpoint v9.1 as well as automatic update to it and Endpoint v10 will have been released.

• 1 month later...

Hi - is there an update on the release of the automatic update to version 9.1 per above comment?

We're looking at processing them through manually before end of November but it's a slow task and hoping this new functionality is available.