ESET and ELAM support

hqsec
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

I searched this forum and web but couldn't find an answer to my question. I would like to know if ESET's products are compatible and if they are using Windows 8 ELAM (Early-Launch Anti Malware)? I would also like to know if anybody configured ELAM and what was their experience?

Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Former ESET Employees

I'm replying to let you know that you are not being ignored. There are a few things I am waiting to hear back on at which point I will follow up with the answer here. Thank you for your patience, hqsec!

Very good question! If it isn't supported yet (as I assume because I didn't saw any setting or information about it in the ESET products) it would be a great suggestion.

More about ELAM you can read here:

• Administrators
  • Solution

We don't plan to use an ELAM driver any time soon. Has anyone proved that ESET wouldn't be able to deal with malware that a product with a MBAM driver could?

We don't plan to use an ELAM driver any time soon. Has anyone proved that ESET wouldn't be able to deal with malware that a product with a MBAM driver could?

Thank you for your response Marcos.  I just wanted to know if ESET is using this new mechanism that is available in Windows 8. You've answered my original question.

I don't question ESET's ability to deal with malware.