Endpoint Security upgrade task tries to install obsolete version

Running into strange behavior I haven't encountered in the past.  Curious if it's just me.

My Protect console is showing outdated version for my hosts running Endpoint Security.

Current version:  9.1.2051
Latest version: 9.1.2057

Weird thing I immediately noticed is that the donut chart is completely green and there was no outdated product alert for these machines.

I created a task to install 9.1.2057 on a test group running Win10 21H2 and it failed on every machine.

Checking event log on the test machines and I see these two events:

"Product: ESET Endpoint Security -- A more recent version of the application is already installed on this computer."

"Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: ESET Endpoint Security. Product Version: 8.1.2050.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: ESET, spol. s r.o.. Installation success or error status: 1603."

I triple-checked the task and the installed version on the test machines to be certain I wasn't overlooking something obvious and it all checks out.  Anyone seen something like this?

image.png.e75a45473e61a10a06b898718c4bd46a.png

image.thumb.png.4b606ae80f5b2c33ea36f6b4c34bba7a.png

Ok noticed that in Status Overview, Component version status for endpoint was blue and showing "Waiting" for the outdated hosts.  Somehow auto updates enabled itself somewhere along the way.  I remember being told that this would not be enabled by default back when it was first announced but I guess that is not the case any longer.

Application version status donut chart is back to yellow/green after disabling auto updates via policy.

Installation still failing attempting to install obsolete version.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the notification today about Endpoint Security v9.1.2057.  Attempted the upgrade on a test group and they exhibited the same behavior described in my first post.

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: ESET Endpoint Security. Product Version: 8.1.2050.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: ESET, spol. s r.o.. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Anyone else run into this yet?