Instagram email address was changed

DUVIT

Hello guys, since the day I installed Windows 11, I have been experiencing some weird issues...

My gmail account was signed in by an unknown device from United States.

I changed pass, enabled 2 step verification and signed out all devices.

Also my Instagram account email address was changed to aeanoajc@bountymail.net today. (I installed ESET on PC yesterday)

and I found and deleted 2 posts in my instagram page about elon musk money giveaways.

I never logged in Instagram on my new Windows 11 tho. I have it on the phone and I have ESET on my phone as well.

I did login Mail program with the email that uses Instagram tho.

I logged in my instagram account, changed password, changed email, added phone number and enabled 2-step verification.

I also unfollowed some instagram accounts that this guy followed using my account.

Funny thing I installed Windows 11 cause I heard their security is very good, TPM 2.0, secure boot enabled too.

I downloaded Windows 11 directly from Microsoft website and installed using Rufus from USB stick.

I connect to the internet using USB tethering from my Samsung A72 with 4G Unlimited Internet.

I updated my android's firmware few days before installing Windows 11.

Who could access my Instagram so easily? My PC is always secured when I leave from home, my house got Security Alarm and I have cameras as well.

Any advices?

• Most Valued Members
On 8/29/2022 at 8:57 PM, DUVIT said:

Hello guys, since the day I installed Windows 11, I have been experiencing some weird issues...

My gmail account was signed in by an unknown device from United States.

I changed pass, enabled 2 step verification and signed out all devices.

Also my Instagram account email address was changed to aeanoajc@bountymail.net today. (I installed ESET on PC yesterday)

and I found and deleted 2 posts in my instagram page about elon musk money giveaways.

I never logged in Instagram on my new Windows 11 tho. I have it on the phone and I have ESET on my phone as well.

I did login Mail program with the email that uses Instagram tho.

I logged in my instagram account, changed password, changed email, added phone number and enabled 2-step verification.

I also unfollowed some instagram accounts that this guy followed using my account.

Funny thing I installed Windows 11 cause I heard their security is very good, TPM 2.0, secure boot enabled too.

I downloaded Windows 11 directly from Microsoft website and installed using Rufus from USB stick.

I connect to the internet using USB tethering from my Samsung A72 with 4G Unlimited Internet.

I updated my android's firmware few days before installing Windows 11.

Who could access my Instagram so easily? My PC is always secured when I leave from home, my house got Security Alarm and I have cameras as well.

Any advices?

It's probably a password breach. Most people use the same password over multiple accounts and when one gets breached hackers will try the password on multiple accounts.

I'd recommend checking your email address at https://haveibeenpwned.com/and you can also sign up for breach alerts there