Invalid License Keys - Do these expire?

xLima

Purchased a few NOD32 licenses for the family early in the year. Just opened them now to renew license(s); however, they all say invalid. Was purchased via Retailer through Amazon.

19 hours ago, xLima said:

Just opened them now to renew license(

I assume the above means you never used the licenses previously?

6 hours ago, itman said:

I assume the above means you never used the licenses previously?

Correct

11 hours ago, FrankNicklin said:

Why are you trying to renew licenses bought earlier this year they are valid until expiry so can renew just a fees days before. Are you actually using the licenses now.

I had a 2-year license going, and I bought a few license keys from an Australian retailer to renew once the initial 2-year license expired.

I just tried to use them, all of them give INVALID LICENSE errors. These were all unused and sealed. They were purchased back in 2021.

14 hours ago, xLima said:

I just tried to use them, all of them give INVALID LICENSE errors. These were all unused and sealed. They were purchased back in 2021.

Looks like you were scammed by the Amazon retailer who sold the licenses. Your only recourse here is to resolve the matter with the Amazon retailer you purchased the licenses from.

To prevent this in the future, always purchase from your in-country Eset web site or a verified in-country authorized Eset reseller.

Edited by itman

On 8/31/2022 at 2:26 AM, itman said:

Looks like you were scammed by the Amazon retailer who sold the licenses. Your only recourse here is to resolve the matter with the Amazon retailer you purchased the licenses from.

To prevent this in the future, always purchase from your in-country Eset web site or a verified in-country authorized Eset reseller.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Happen to know if unused/unsold licences expire? (i.e., retail store buys 100, they sit on a shelf for 4 years before the stock sells out).

Store is saying they needed to be activated by Dec. 2021.

Thanks for your help.

4 hours ago, xLima said:

Happen to know if unused/unsold licences expire?

The issue has been posted previously in the forum.

It all depends on the terms the selling retailer purchased the licenses from their in-country Eset source. Most of these purchases fall in the category of promotions with the stipulation the license must be activated within a certain period of time. Amazon or most likely, a third party Amazon retailer, is at fault here for not indicating the licenses had to be activated by a given date.

Here's another recent posting on this issue: https://forum.eset.com/topic/31003-i-bought-a-license-but-i-cant-use-it/

Edited by itman