Hi I have a HP laptop and did an update to the HP Wolf Security; it's always been there on my laptop.  After rebooting this red frame appeared whether I had an application opened or just desktop.  I assumed it was wolf security but then I found this article https://help.eset.com/essp/15/en-US/idh_config_opp_badge.html  can anyone advise?

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, lorrie said:

Hi I have a HP laptop and did an update to the HP Wolf Security; it's always been there on my laptop.  After rebooting this red frame appeared whether I had an application opened or just desktop.  I assumed it was wolf security but then I found this article https://help.eset.com/essp/15/en-US/idh_config_opp_badge.html  can anyone advise?

As far as I know the red frame should only appear on browsers. Are you stating all programs also have this as if so it might not be eset related?

There is the potential for HP Wolf conflicting with Eset. This article: https://gist.github.com/mark05e/a79221b4245962a477a49eb281d97388?permalink_comment_id=3912610#gistcomment-3912610 states how it will auto create exclusions for itself in Windows Defender. Assumed here is HP Wolf cannot and does not create like exclusions in other third party AV products.

1 hour ago, itman said:

There is the potential for HP Wolf conflicting with Eset. This article: https://gist.github.com/mark05e/a79221b4245962a477a49eb281d97388?permalink_comment_id=3912610#gistcomment-3912610 states how it will auto create exclusions for itself in Windows Defender. Assumed here is HP Wolf cannot and does not create like exclusions in other third party AV products.

Hi thanks for that, unfortunately i cannot understand all that, are you able to put it in to simple english of simple steps for me so i can rectify this problem quickly?

6 hours ago, lorrie said:

Hi I have a HP laptop and did an update to the HP Wolf Security; it's always been there on my laptop.  After rebooting this red frame appeared whether I had an application opened or just desktop. 

Since the "red frame" you refer to was not present prior to the Wolf Security update you performed, assume it is related to this update. I would contact HP and see if they can help in explaining what this "red frame" is about.

I just noticed in task bar that is HP Sure Click that has an issue so the wolf security is causing a conflict with another of it's own software I'll have to contact HP about it.  Not happy with this as the software had not issues with any of my set up :(

Edited by lorrie

From what I have read about this HP Wolf Security product, it is a full featured AV solution including a real-time scanning component.

Eset and no other AV vendor w/real-time scanning recommend that two real-time scanning security solutions be deployed concurrently due to the high likelihood of conflicts between the two products.

38 minutes ago, itman said:

From what I have read about this HP Wolf Security product, it is a full featured AV solution including a real-time scanning component.

Eset and no other AV vendor w/real-time scanning recommend that two real-time scanning security solutions be deployed concurrently due to the high likelihood of conflicts between the two products.

Issue is they had done something in the update that now causes conflicts where it had none before. 

2 hours ago, lorrie said:

Issue is they had done something in the update that now causes conflicts where it had none before. 

I think the best option is to uninstall HP Wolf Security, because two antivirus components with real-time scanning will not work.

1 hour ago, New_Style_xd said:

I think the best option is to uninstall HP Wolf Security, because two antivirus components with real-time scanning will not work.

Yes I'll look into that but it was already on the laptop I've had it 2 years