Endpoint 9.1.2057 Outlook 2019 add-in blocking GpgOL plugin (v 2.5.3)

hnksnr
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi there!

we have a several users who using gpgOL to secure mails between themselves for several reasons.

It worked fine with the oldest 9.0.2046.0 version, but in the 9.1.2051 and 9.1.2057 version the E-mail client protection interferes with its operation, the plugin can't sense from a mail it's encrypted or not so you cannot open the encrypted mail. The workaround is to disable "E-mail client protection by plugin", but i'm not satisfied with it. I read several problems with antispam does it connected to this issue? There are no change to this section in the release notes, so we can hope a fix for this?

Thanks in advance

S.

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Close MS Outlook
  2. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  3. Launch MS Outlook and reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector .

Open a support ticket and supply the generated ELC logs when asked by support personnel.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, hnksnr said:

As "Open a support ticket" you mean contact the regional distributor ?

Yes, creating a support ticket is necessary for the case to be tracked. However, please upload the generated logs here as well so that we can check them out asap.

Hi Marcos!

i contacted the technical support with this case and sent them the logs. I don't want to share my logs in the forum.

Should i mark as a solution your previous comment? 

S.

• 1 month later...

Dear Developers,

I would like to confirm problem with the newest ESET Endpoint Security 9.1.2057 nad GpgOL 2.5.1 plugin under Outlook. Plugin loads itself but does not display and decrypt messages, empty screen.

GpgOL installed from the newest Gpg4Win.org package 4.0.3.

In ESET 9.0 it works without problems.

1t54iq.gpgol-eset-problem.png

Regards,
Włodzimierz

Ahoy!

i Forgot to post int this topic, i contacted with the support, they addressed the problem, sent me a hotfix to this problem, then said the next Security release will fix it. 

@Marcos Shoud i share the hotfix in this forum?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, hnksnr said:

@Marcos Shoud i share the hotfix in this forum?

No. The fix is provided to concrete users and must be uninstalled as per the instructions provided by tech support prior to upgrading Endpoint to newer versions.