Emails incorrectly marked as spam

Hello,

I have recently installed eset Internet Security (v. 15.2.17.0) on a new computer. On setting up my email account in Microsoft Outlook (the desktop program), I noticed lots (around 100) emails being classified as spam whilst Outlook downloaded emails from the server - a few of which were genuine spam, but most of which were either from perfectly safe mailing lists, or - in a few cases -  important emails: one from my bank, and another from my Mother! Eset added [SPAM detected by ESET] to their subjects.

I had a look in settings, and managed to turn off eset adding text to email subjects (via 'advanced setup' > 'Web and email' > 'Email client protection' > 'Antispam protection' > 'Add text to email subject'). I also changed the 'folder' setting, so future messages eset identifies as spam are moved to a special 'Spam (detected by eset)' folder - that way, for each email, I can see whether it was my email provider or eset that identified it as spam.

Is there a way I can remove [SPAM] and [SPAM detected by ESET] from these email subjects? I have marked the safe emails as 'not spam' and added their addresses to the safe senders list, but the altered subjects remain.

Thank you,

William

• Administrators

After reclassifying a message as not spam the message is moved to Inbox and the "[SPAM]" prefix is removed from subject.

Thanks for getting back. Unfortunately, emails still have [SPAM] in their subjects, even after marking as not spam (right clicking > 'eset internet security' > 'Not spam'). I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong?

Edited by Lab24

• Administrators

I'd recommend opening a support ticket if you are able to reproduce it, ie. if you mark a test email as spam and then as not spam and the "[SPAM]" prefix won't be removed from subject. Logs should be collected as follows:

1. Close MS Outlook
  2. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  3. Launch MS Outlook and reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector .