unable to use my isp speedtest site since v8

bmac10
Go to solution Solved by MMx,

I am not having any issues with speedtest.net ...

However since upgrading to V8 ... pingtest.net does not work at all. It could be an issue at their end (in other words a coincidence), but I am curious to know if anyone else is having issues with this other Ookla service.

Pingtest.net chooses a server, and then I get a message that either a firewall is blocking access or there may be an issue with the pingtest server. However, the issue has been ongoing since my upgrade to V8.

• ESET Staff
  • Solution

The problem with the speedtest should be fixed in Internet protection module 1150B, which is available on prerelease update servers now.

I watched a random twitch stream for about 20 minutes without any drops. Do you have any specific instructions how to replicate the issue?

The problem with the speedtest should be fixed in Internet protection module 1150B, which is available on prerelease update servers now.

I watched a random twitch stream for about 20 minutes without any drops. Do you have any specific instructions how to replicate the issue?

Will this fix the pingtest.net issue also?

You can try with IPM 1150B by enabling pre-release updates and let us know if it works properly.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3415&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1412796137155

After you have updated as instructed in the KB article you can right-click on your systray ESET icon "e" and click "About" then look up the "Internet Protection Module" to see if you now have 1150B.

You can try with IPM 1150B by enabling pre-release updates and let us know if it works properly.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3415&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1412796137155

After you have updated as instructed in the KB article you can right-click on your systray ESET icon "e" and click "About" then look up the "Internet Protection Module" to see if you now have 1150B.

1150B came through with the latest VSD auto update -- and yes, it resolved the issue with pingtest.net. :-)