feedback For ESS 7 Beta

Hellow ESET

I am using eset from 2006

and i love this antivirus it's really cool antivirus >>>

my feedback

in win7 and 8

when i start new scan my laptop first freez then not responded while i am using 2GB ram

and then i wait for eset continue scaning but it takes for 15 min and start over to scan

then i try to stop eset but it doesn't stop i don't know why and continue scan :S

when i stop scan look for this

post-937-0-18854600-1370983420_thumb.png

??

and the icon of eset is so bad the eye was more good and buitifull

sorry my english is bad :S

if i see any rong with eset i will post it here :)

and i would say eset look it's not good

bad look we need more buitefull look for ess 7 eav 7

please

Fresh install on Windows 8 64 bit, no problems so far very fast very impressed. Keep up the good work, not sure about the 'E' icon yet.

Stop heavily-encrypted threats that evade detection with Advanced Memory Scanner

Stay protected from threats or attacks trying to exploit network vulnerabilities with Vulnerability Shield

(ESET Smart Security only)

Eliminate extremely persistent malware and rootkits thanks to Improved Cleaning

i thinks you should improve more not only this

i thinks i am using eset v6 in v7 !

Hello,

My first impression, or first thought when I installed Eset Smart Security new beta version , was that it was a enhanced update version 6. In other words,it seems that Eset has kept that, that has proven to work well , their user interface, and enhanced the detection under the hood. And that is fine with me. Looking forward to try the new tool " Specialized Cleaner" that I think, should be under the the category "Tools", and not under " Help and support" as it is now. (unless there is an ulterior motive). Regarding the new Icon, then I can't decide if I like it or not. Nevertheless, it will never have an impact, regarding me choosing Eset as my chosen Av or not. But that said, then one has to have in mind, that changing an icon that have and still are one of Eset's best brand, will always be a marketing risk. It takes money and time to incorporate an icon. And one have to outweigh the benefits. When I say eset, I guess many will say, the eye and the robot. So what to choose........new or old icon?

Regards, Janus

Edited by Janus

• Former ESET Employees

please

How would you like to see the look redesigned? If you could design it, how would you do it?

please

How would you like to see the look redesigned? If you could design it, how would you do it?

i don't know but we wont something Attract user

we wont better and better look

• ESET Insiders

I do like the performance enhancements of v6. Very nice. Good scanning time. Nice features I have come to like - example 'behaviour modification exclusion' are still there. Great work on V7 so far.  B)

Hi

Just a quick feedback on something that I have noticed. There have been many users that have been confused by the words, " Clean Files" and "Scan Files" from the right click context menu. Now it is Changed to " Clean with Eset Smart Security" and "Scan without cleaning" .Sometimes it is the small things that can do a big difference. A universal Kudus to Eset.

Cheers, Janus

post-65-0-32514200-1371205410_thumb.png

please

i don't know but we wont something Attract user

we wont better and better look

So you don't know why you want a GUI change, but just because it's a new version.

Then I have to disagree, If you don't know why you want it changed kind of like saying that you're happy with the current one, and then perhaps when/if ESET have made a re-design you may come back and say that you don't like the new design and want the old back, remember the new "e" tray icon, some like it some don't  ;)

Software is not like cars, manufacturers releasing new cars with new design each year. This is security software, they're meant to be easy to use, read, and navigate in the GUI. And IMO ESET is probably the best non-metro style GUI that you can find in an AV today. And I give them A LOT of credit for NOT following the Metro UI style trend!!!

And change doesn't always mean change for the better, it can always get worse.

The most important thing is that changes are made occasionally "under the hood" because that's where all the action takes place. And in V7 things have changed under the hood, just as expected. :)

Edited by SweX

Hello

I've been using ESET for many years. At first, it was strong enough to detect even unknown virus. However later, in order to make it effective they had to make its database light which cannot detect many viruses. I, myself, cannot see ESET among the best anymore although I'm still using it. For instance, Virus Bulletin : VB100 indicates the low performance of ESET compared to others such as BullGuard. A light database can be effective, but even one virus destroys everything. For instance, the one which deletes all information, and Kaspersky failed to detect it. Moreover, there are growing viruses coming from Middle East which mostly ESET cannot detect them.

Thank you.

I was also hoping that version 7 would sport a new interface look.

I have used NOD32 since version 4.

It has always looked very similar , don't you think its time for a fresh look?

Personally I think it does.

Thanks for your time

Athlon64BIT

Hello

I've been using ESET for many years. At first, it was strong enough to detect even unknown virus. However later, in order to make it effective they had to make its database light which cannot detect many viruses. I, myself, cannot see ESET among the best anymore although I'm still using it. For instance, Virus Bulletin : VB100 indicates the low performance of ESET compared to others such as BullGuard. A light database can be effective, but even one virus destroys everything. For instance, the one which deletes all information, and Kaspersky failed to detect it. Moreover, there are growing viruses coming from Middle East which mostly ESET cannot detect them.

Thank you.

I have also been using ESET for many years, and IMO it have never been better, but that's another story.

What counts today is real world usage, no test in the world can show results of how ESET is behaving on users computers.

I also watch the tests, but I always have a huge can of salt with me. ESET have never failed on me, and only because the product doesn't score 100% on one or several tests, it doesn't really matter and it won't make me change to another product. ESET's performance has been the same for many years, 98-99% in AV-C testing. Same goes for VB similar results in every test.

And no where in your post do you mention that you have got infected while using ESET, but it does sound like you have done som testing on your own mentioning that Kaspersky also failed on one sample. And that is not the real world usage that I am talking about.

I am curious to find out why you have stayed with ESET when you think that it has become weak and that the test results are poor?

Clearly, there must be something you like about the product also, right? :)

Guest Danny Smith

With 7.x beta email protection enabled, Thunderbird V17.0.6  can hang while retrieving from comcast.net pop server (port 995).  

• ESET Moderators

Hello Danny,

which version of Internet protection module do you have?

Just right-click on ESET tray icon and select about.

Is the Thunderbird able to recover after a while or it crashes?

Do you have SSL scanning enabled?