Amazon Firestick TV screen mirroring being blocked by ESET firewall

Connecting to firestick will say connection failed, please try again. I stopped ESET firewall and the PC connected to the fire stick. 

Can you send a link of setting up rules for Amazon Firestick, as I have tried various fixes from KB and nothing is working.

Refer to this article in regards to ports used by Amazon Firestick: https://www.nstec.com/what-firewall-ports-does-amazon-fire-tv-use/ .

Probably the best way to resolve this is to switch Eset firewall Filtering mode to Learning mode just prior to connecting the Firestick. Once the Firestick has successfully connected, switch Eset firewall Filtering mode back to default Automatic mode. You can then review what firewall rules Eset created to accommodate Firestick connection.

Edited by itman

Hi Itman,

I had faith in your response, however it created a rule and still couldn't connect. 

If I turned of the firewall of eset the firestick tv will connect straight away. If the firestick had eset would it see that and class it as safe? 

image.png

image.png

• Administrators

If temporarily pausing the firewall actually helps, please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

6 hours ago, Charlie Queries said:

I had faith in your response, however it created a rule and still couldn't connect. 

How did you connect the Firestick to your PC?

Are you using a device such as described in this article: https://smarterhomeguide.com/use-a-firestick-on-your-computer/ section titled 'How To Use A Firestick On Your Computer'?