No Update NOD32 through program

sdalgl72

Just read that ESET 8 has been released and kind of wanted to just upgrade not go through and do a clean install.  But it seems that my program isn't detecting that there is a new version :(

post-5267-0-36034200-1412114868_thumb.jpg

I didn't expect it for a few more months. :P

It may take a day or two to trickle down to your gui (I use Smart Security and mine is NOT showing a newer version either). It "should be able to overlay'" (I am not a Moderator), but if you need to do a clean install, here are the Knowledgebase articles you need. You can download the offline installer if you wish.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2788

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/2/?trl=ea

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2476

Edited by TomFace

Bang on offline installer over top and get it over with, Joe. It may be a server population issue.

Good news, Mr. siljaline.

I figured as much but I wanted to hear from a REAL  expert. :)

Bang on offline installer over top and get it over with, Joe. It may be a server population issue.

That's very kind, thank you. Merci pour le kudo, aussi :)

Well, I still have seen no info on whether ESET plans to push out V8 via the in-built updater or not.

But users can always download it manually and install over the top, or do a clean install like me wich I always do on major version updates  ;)

Well, I still have seen no info on whether ESET plans to push out V8 via the in-built updater or not.

But users can always download it manually and install over the top, or do a clean install like me wich I always do on major version updates  ;)

That's very kind, thank you. Merci pour le kudo, aussi :)

Il n'y a pas de quoi

NO!  The product update is baked in.

Users have a choice to wait or use an offline or online installer.

Yes I know that!

hxxp://kb.eset.com/library/ESET/KB%20Team%20Only/SOLN2476/SOLN2476Fig1-2d.png

But having in mind that the latest build for V7 (317.) was not pushed out via the in-built updater to all users, how do you know V8 will for certain? 

Instead of having users asking why they can't update via the GUI, we can say it's possible to download V8 manually and install over the top if they like, they don't have to wait unless they want to.

It was possible to download V7 when it was released via the GUI if I remember correctly, but we still don't know for sure yet with V8, or do we?

FYI, I am not saying that it never will be available via the GUI, I am saying that we still don't know if or when that's all.

Edited by SweX

I just thought that it would of been a good idea for it to be pushed out or at least give a user a notification that the new version is out because I only knew because I read this forum

"because I only knew because I read this forum"

You are not the first person saying that, I see that comment from users quite often when it comes to new releases.

While I can't speak for ESET if the v8 engine will be updated internally - the functionality of the software lends to this, meaning, it will happen once the update servers are correctly populated. As I've indicated previously - bang a supported offline installer over-top, given if it's available in your language as below.

International users are reminded the following languages for the v8 engine are currently supported.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available languages: English, Français canadien (French Canadian), Slovenčina (Slovak), Čeština (Czech) and Deutsch (German).

* All other languages will be available soon.

On my two computers, one (the older) is using ESET NOD32 version 7.0.302.26

The newer is using 7.0.317.4

I think I will stick with those, until the Product Update "Check for Update" reports that the newest version (8.x) is available.  That way I have some confidence that if version 8.x has a bug or two, it will have had time for ESET to fix it.

And I will have more time to learn whether version 8.x will be compatible with Microsoft's "Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit 5.0."  There is a recent thread about that, started by me, but now I can't find it.  The very helpful responses that I got both were very enthusiastic about Microsoft's "Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit 5.0,"  but now I can't find that thread.

R.N. (Roger) Folsom

Edited by RNFolsom

Many are not able to obtain the new version via the internal update feature. It has been 2 days since the announcement was made and I'm hearing from various channels that few have been successful in doing so. It might be time for ESET to panic and have a look as to why the internal update mechanism isn't working.

Many are not able to obtain the new version via the internal update feature. It has been 2 days since the announcement was made and I'm hearing from various channels that few have been successful in doing so. It might be time for ESET to panic and have a look as to why the internal update mechanism isn't working.

ESET panic?

Shirley you jest.

They should remove it (in built updater) if it's not working properly. Users always have to watch the security forums to see what's happening.

FWIW

"Regulary check for latest product version" is not enabled by default. But every user can manually click on the magic button at any time to check of course.

And also like an example, a user that uses the French version will not be able to download it via the in-built updater either because that version has not been released yet.

I for one don't know if any language version has been made available via the in-built updater. But it sounds like siljaline has more info on that via his channels as a few users have been able to download it from the GUI apparently. Everyone I know have downloaded and updated manually.

Edited by SweX

Well, I downloaded V8 and installed it over V7 with no problem BUT it will not install over the beta of 8. Tells me I already have the latest version (which I don't)

Uninstall the beta?

Yeah V8 installs over V7 works fine.

"Uninstall the beta?"

Yes Sir.

You should uninstall Beta and reinstall new version 8 GA build

https://forum.eset.com/topic/2984-eset-smart-security-and-eset-nod32-antivirus-8-beta-available/?p=19237

Edited by SweX

"Uninstall the beta?"

Yes Sir.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/2984-eset-smart-security-and-eset-nod32-antivirus-8-beta-available/?p=19237

That's what I was afraid of.

Here goes. :(

I'm DONE. All 4 computers now have Version 8. :)

Edited by jadinolf

"Uninstall the beta?"

Yes Sir.

That's what I was afraid of.

Here goes. :(

I'm DONE. All 4 computers now have Version 8. :)

Here goes  :D Good job Joe now you can relax and enjoy till next time  ;)