Can't open Windows 8 email

Hey there !

Issue: Can't open Windows 8 email .

Details: Windows 8 64 bit full patch. Eset smart security 7 beta version 7.0.28.0 , Default setting (nothing changes) VD 8437. (no other real time or on demand scanners is installed on this beta platform.)When beta 7 is uninstalled, then is Windows mail fully functional Again

Regards, Janus

Edited by Janus

• Administrators

With v6 you didn't encounter this problem? If possible, try to narrow it down to the particular module by disabling protection modules, one at a time.

Hi

No problem with version 6.0.316.0 of Eset Smart Security. Can open all other boxes, except Windows mail. Have been using an hour to try to narrow it down a bit. Tried to deactivated almost all features, methodological, one at a time, as you said. The only boxes in Ess that I have skipped is, Parentel control-update-tools and user interface.(I didn't find them relevant for the problem). Furthermore, what I find a bit strange is that I can see emails received, but can't open the mail, unless I uninstall Eset Smart security. (if I go to  outlook.com through my browser, where I have my private mail accont, then I have access to my mail). IT should be straightforward to check if this is reproducible for others.

An update: It seems that I am not alone, after all: hxxp://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=2239513&postcount=3

Regards, Janus =))

Edited by Janus

• Administrators

There's actually an issue with Metro applications; I was able to reproduce it on my alternate home computer. Renaming the HIPS driver makes the issue go away. Will report it to the developers right away.

Thank you Marcos, will do a system image backup, and then try your solution tomorrow. Appreciate your prompt feedback.

Regards, Janus :-))

• Administrators

Here there :)

Just a quick feedback, everythings works again in Windows 8 metro.

Regards, Janus

Thank you for the positive feedback Janus :)