Email plugin crashing Outlook

On 9/14/2022 at 6:44 PM, Marcos said:

You can refer to it as eplgOutlookFix-20220908.

support replies slowly and even if i reply at once they never reply back. They insist that the problem is fixed in version 15.2 but problem started from that version!

• 3 weeks later...

For the time being ill just disable plugin entirely and maybe check from time to time it it gets fixed.

Support was no helpful going back and forth asking the same questions each time. Even send them all the details they asked for and yet they didnt even bother to download the file.

Edited by khaled22

21 hours ago, khaled22 said:

For the time being ill just disable plugin entirely and maybe check from time to time it it gets fixed.

Support was no helpful going back and forth asking the same questions each time. Even send them all the details they asked for and yet they didnt even bother to download the file.

I still have the problem here in almost 50% of my clients who use o365 groups and o365 shared mailboxes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 11:44 PM, Marcos said:

You can refer to it as eplgOutlookFix-20220908.

Hi Marcos,

My organisation has similar incidents, Outlook 2013 crashing/restarting.

We have tried the following but Outlook still crash/restart.

- Uninstall and reinstall Eset,

- Repair Office 2013,

- Disabling other plugins except Eset -> Outlook still crash/restart

- Uninstall & Reinstall Office 2013

- sfc/scannow

We are using ESET_Computers_Agent_9.0.1141.0_&_Endpoint_Security_9.1.2051.0_x64

The event log as follow:

----

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 15.0.5399.1000, time stamp: 0x61726692 

Faulting module name: eplgOutlook.dll, version: 10.28.29.0, time stamp: 0x62f65eb5 

Exception code: 0xc0000409 

Fault offset: 0x000a4ba9 

Faulting process id: 0xbf4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d8d847f62141d9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE 

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\x86\eplgOutlook.dll 

Report Id: b0db07ad-c6fc-4f42-90cd-e6b2e991bf54 

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

----

Can you point us to:

- a possible solution and

- the link to download the eplgOutlookFix-20220908?

Thank you in advance.

-Lionel.

Hi Marcos,

Current approved version to be used is 9.1.2051.0

Based on this version, any advice?

Is there a link to download a fix as what I read in previous thread, there's a download link for eplgOutlookFix-20220908?

And does this also fix version 9.1.2051.0?

Thank you.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Lionel Leong said:

Is there a link to download a fix as what I read in previous thread, there's a download link for eplgOutlookFix-20220908?

This was provided for testing before the release of v9.1.2060. This plug-in had to be uninstalled prior to upgrading Endpoint to newer versions. Please install v9.1.2060 on at least one machine to confirm that it resolves your issue.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, khaled22 said:

nothing is fixed yet

Please open a support ticket since we'll need a dump from an Outlook crash for perusal. All known issues have already been fixed. There were also some cases of Outlook crashes where the crash was not caused by ESET so it will need to be properly investigated.

i already did but support was not actually helping. Was going back and forth sending all kind of files checking everything they asked for and yet they kept asking the same things. Even changed key from smart to EIs in case smart was the problem. Support didnt even bother to download the file from "wetransfer" since file-dump was big. I spent too much time with eset support to get nothing.

EDIT: here is the case number #CASE_00425331

screens of wetransfer email notice of not downloaded

Screenshot 2022-10-24.png

Screenshot 2022-10-24-1.png

Edited by khaled22

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please provide me with the ticket ID so that we can check how the case was handled by the German technical support.

i have these  two #CASE_00425331 #00427179 if it helps

• Administrators
On 10/24/2022 at 7:42 PM, khaled22 said:

i have these  two #CASE_00425331 #00427179 if it helps

Please try temporarily uninstalling ESET and make sure that Outlook stops crashing. Then install v16.0.22 from scratch and check again.

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please try temporarily uninstalling ESET and make sure that Outlook stops crashing. Then install v16.0.22 from scratch and check again.

where i can download older versions..and after i install it wont update again to v17?

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2885

However, for EOL versions we do not guarantee module updates and we can terminate them at any time without a prior notice.

ok ill give it a try in few days hopefully. What happens about my key? Do i just add it once i reinstall and will be ok or i need to do anything first? how about uninstall? is there any tool that does the uninstall without problem later on?

@Marcos hi i uninstalled in safe mode with eset tool. restarted normally checked outlook was working fine. Installed 16.0.22 canceled updates. and opened outlook again. working fine.

Can i update to newer version now? at some point will be updated automatically and i prefer to do it now since i have time to open my apps as i want them