Email plugin crashing Outlook

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, khaled22 said:

@Marcoswhere should i create support ticket? i asked here several times if the dumps have private information and if i can check them before sending but never received a reply

It's always recommended to open a support ticket besides posting here. As for dumps, they contain the data that an application keeps in memory so depending on what you consider private data, there's a chance the dump may contain some. As for checking dumps, it's typically only developers who can do it.

@Marcosok ill check it out. either way the problem started from previous version and before that everything was working fine. And its not kutools plugin like you suggested cause i tried it without it (disabled all addins) and still crashes outlook..even updated office with latest pacthes from microsoft

On 8/25/2022 at 3:34 PM, khaled22 said:

@Tolik  @Cookson @TN LMG @pgtcobra was it fixed for you? @Marcosany news?

Our users are still reporting crashes with the latest version (ESET Endpoint Security 9.1.2057.0)
I have submitted a support ticket and sent the requested log files.
Further logs were then requested.

• Administrators

Do you have KuTools installed? If so, the crash is caused by it. However, as of the next version of Endpoint 9.1 we will use a workaround to prevent KuTools from crashing Outlook.

We don't have KuTools.
We tested with all add-ins disabled except for ESET and the crashes still occured.

Disabling ESET Outlook integration stopped the crashes, as does rolling back to Endpoint Security 9.0.2046.0

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, TN LMG said:

We don't have KuTools.
We tested with all add-ins disabled except for ESET and the crashes still occured.

Disabling ESET Outlook integration stopped the crashes, as does rolling back to Endpoint Security 9.0.2046.0

In such case we'll need an Outlook crash dump. Please carry on as follows:

1. Download Procdump and extract it to a disk.
  2. Close MS Outlook.
  3. Run the following as an administrator (copy and paste the command with parameters):
    procdump.exe -n 5 -ma -e 1 -w -g -fx 00000006,000006BA,000006F4,000006F7,0000071A,04242420,0EEDFADE,40080201,40080202,406D1388,80010002,80010108,8001010D,8001010E,80040155,8009002a,C004F011,C004F012,E0000001,E0000002,E0434352,E0434F4D,E06D7363 outlook.exe
  4. Launch MS Outlook to reproduce the crash.
  5. Compress the generated dump and upload it here along with logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Do you have KuTools installed? If so, the crash is caused by it. However, as of the next version of Endpoint 9.1 we will use a workaround to prevent KuTools from crashing Outlook.

as i said earlier i disabled all addins and still crashes..i dont think its kutools problem..will your fix for kutools be released on all versions also to check it though?

16 hours ago, TN LMG said:

We don't have KuTools.

Same here. We don't have KuTools and it still crashes with all other add-ins disabled.

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Tolik said:

Same here. We don't have KuTools and it still crashes with all other add-ins disabled.

A dump from an Outlook crash will be needed then as mentioned in my previous post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
12 minutes ago, khaled22 said:

@pgtcobra still crashing for me

Did you install the latest plug-in provided by technical support on demand? Couldn't it be that you have Kutools installed?

3 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you install the latest plug-in provided by technical support on demand? Couldn't it be that you have Kutools installed?

what plugin? where do i find it?

Yes i have kutools but as i said in previous replies i have disabled all addins and still crashes

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, khaled22 said:

what plugin? where do i find it?

Yes i have kutools but as i said in previous replies i have disabled all addins and still crashes

The plug-in is provided by technical support if you open a support ticket and ask for it. It was provided for testing to those who have reported issues with Outlook and basically it helped in 100% of cases except Kutools which would crash also without ESET installed.

Should the issue persist even with the latest plug-in provided by technical support, we'll need the dump from a crash as per the instructions above.