I Need Command Line Switch / Pathway Information

I am trying to set up BitTorrent to use ESET as the primary virus scan for files.  I need the exact pathway (command line) of the primary virus scanner in order to enter the information.  Please see the image I've attached to this post to understand better what it is that I'm trying to do.

Thank you

post-5300-0-50404200-1412062516_thumb.jpg

@Arakasi
No he can't use ekrn.exe. This won't work.

Instead he have to use ecls.exe like I already posted:

[...] you can find the documentation for the command line switch from ESET in the documentation of ESS or online in the knowledgebase:
ESET Command Line Scanner Parameters (ecls.exe)

@WoodGlue
And please don't open unnecessary topics and stay in one topic. If you want to edit a post you can do this at the bottom of it and if you want to move a topic please ask a moderator or write it into the topic and a moderator will surely do this for you.

if using the command line scanner, yes it is a different tool.

As for ESET Smart security. ekrn is the primary scanner.

I wasn't trying to be difficult, but answered the question accurately instead of being proactive :)

However i had mentioned before that this is actually an unnecessary process if utilizing ESET products, they scan all files anyway if configured. Even bit torrent files and extractions to disk.

Yes, I mostly agree, but this is a bit confusing for him now.

Here is where I can agree:

• ekrn.exe is the process that executes scanning
  • However i had mentioned before that this is actually an unnecessary process if utilizing ESET products, they scan all files anyway if configured. Even bit torrent files and extractions to disk.

That's both true, but he anyway can't use ekrn.exe to reach his goal, because his goal is:

I need the information on a Command Line Switch for ESET so I can add it to BitTorrent to scan files.

Also if it isn't necessary for this, this isn't a reason to don't give him an answer. (e.g. there may be future visitors whose goal is different, but they want to take the same or a similar way (per command-line))

So he wants to start a file scan from the commando line (respectively with running a program).

And here he can't use ekrn.exe, because this process is running in the background every time and it doesn't accept any parameter. When starting this file it won't have any effect.

Instead of this he have to use Command Line Scanner, which accepts parameters. So he can use it to scan the files.

In his case he have to use:

"%programfiles%\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe" /base-dir="%D" /auto
As a small explanation:
  • "%programfiles%\ESET\ESET Smart Security\ecls.exe" is the path to the Commando Line Scanner. I replaced "c:\Program Files" with "%programfiles%" because in this case it is also possible to run this command on older platforms, where the path is not exact "c:\Program Files".
  • /base-dir="%D" specifies the dir which will be scanned, where %D is the directory. uTorrent will replace this %D with the path where the files are located (according to the article), before execution.
  • /auto ESET will use the default (=automatic) ThreatSense settings for scanning.
And please note:
  • Maybe the scanner will require administrator privileges to run. So especially if running on Windows Vista or above, make sure the program has administrator privileges!
And when executes ecls.exe will send this to ekrn.exe, which will execute the scanning, while ecls.exe will do all other needed things (e.g. show the output in the console window).

For more information look at the kb article: ESET Command Line Scanner Parameters (ecls.exe)

Edited by rugk