Questions on LiveGuard

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello.

I'm confusing about the policy of LiveGrid®.

First of all, I want to ask a clear question:

Does enabling "LiveGrid® reputation system" only and disabling "LiveGrid® feedback system" and also disabling the "automatic submission of samples", will still send my files to ESET cloud lab (manually or automatically)?

In this help page https://help.eset.com/eis/15/en-US/idh_config_charon.html,

As I understood from this help page, enabling only LiveGrid® reputation system will NOT automatically send files to the lab, is that right?

But, in this section "You can choose not to enable ESET LiveGrid®" it says:

If you have used ESET LiveGrid® before and have disabled it, there may still be data packages to send. Even after deactivating, such packages will be sent to ESET. When all current information is sent, no further packages will be created.

Does that mean, this feature will continue sending files to ESET cloud lab, even if it's disabled; because it was enabled before? And does this also means automatic submission of samples?

Another question:

How can I send files (CLEARY MANUALLY) to the Lab for further analysis without enabling LiveGuard feature?

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Rimon said:

Does that mean, this feature will continue sending files to ESET cloud lab, even if it's disabled; because it was enabled before? And does this also means automatic submission of samples?

Only if there are some files cached that were evaluated as suitable for submission when the LiveGrid reputation system was enabled.

6 minutes ago, Rimon said:

Another question:

How can I send files (CLEARY MANUALLY) to the Lab for further analysis without enabling LiveGuard feature?

You can submit suspicious files in an archive encrypted with the password "infected" to samples[at]eset.com

Note that disabling the LiveGrid Feedback system also disables some protection / detection routines in other protection modules, such as the Ransomware shield.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Okay, I got it, that's great.

What about the first question:

Does enabling "LiveGrid® reputation system" only and disabling "LiveGrid® feedback system" and also disabling the "automatic submission of samples", will still send my files to ESET cloud lab (manually or automatically)?

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

No, enabling only the LG reputation system will not submit files, only hashes of files.

That's great. Thank you so much.