Windows Time Synchronization Fails with ESET Internet Security in Automatic Mode

I'm running ESET Internet Security 15.2.11.0 on Windows 10 with the Firewall running in Automatic mode.  I noticed that my PC had not successfully synchronized network time since last year. When I tried a manual time synch it failed. When I put the firewall in learning mode it ran successfully, but so many rules were created in a few minutes that I can't tell which one is the one I need to keep enabled when I switch back to automatic mode. And some of them seemed way too broad. For example one of the rules seemed to enable chrome.exe to do UDP to any port or site. And none of them appeared to be specifically related to time synchronization. So what rule do I need to create to enable time synchronization to time.windows.com.

• Administrators

In automatic mode all outbound communication is allowed and all non-initiated communication blocked, therefore I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work only on your machine. Please try deleting any custom rules or rules created in interactive or learning mode. Should the communication be blocked, provide a screenshot of the communication details from the firewall troubleshooting wizard.

• ESET Insiders

time.windows.com is very inconsistent due to the volume of traffic it receives. It may all be coincidence. It fails more often than not for me regardless of firewall used (or not used). You may want to find a different server to sync with if you have ongoing problems. I doubt the firewall is the issue.

Refer to the below screen shot. In Win 10/11, this setting will show you the last time Windows synced with its default time server. Also ensure the two auto settings are enabled.

Eset_Time.thumb.png.6c6cf92c42873e2f84f4e6e569abd5d7.png