Jump to content

Standalone installer for offline environments?


Glitch
 Share

Recommended Posts

So ESET launched 9.1.XXXX with a smaller installer because lets download the rest from the internet. We have airgapped networks thus the installer fails to install because no internet connection available. Is there a full installer available that contain all the components so that we can install in these networks? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff

Hello, in the latest version of ESET PROTECT, you can download an installer with the full set of modules. You can configure that in the "more details" section of the installer creation. 

 

Full modules.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • ESET Staff
15 hours ago, Glitch said:

And if you don't use ESET protect? Because offline so why should we use it? 

We have many customers, that have "air gapped" environments, but setup in a way, that the entire environment is air gapped. So in such case, it would make sense to have the management console. I understood that in your case, the individual machines have no network connectivity, so they can´t connect even to the management server. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MichalJ said:

We have many customers, that have "air gapped" environments, but setup in a way, that the entire environment is air gapped. So in such case, it would make sense to have the management console. I understood that in your case, the individual machines have no network connectivity, so they can´t connect even to the management server. 

Correct and as a 30K+ seat owner of ESET we do find it disturbing that its getting so difficult to obtain a normal installer.  Anyway as we already have found a few bugs in the latest 9.1 release we will hold the upgrade for now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
30 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Correct and as a 30K+ seat owner of ESET we do find it disturbing that its getting so difficult to obtain a normal installer. 

Just for better understanding of the situation, do you mean that all 30K+ clients are not managed centrally? Or just a smaller portion of them?

30 minutes ago, Glitch said:

Anyway as we already have found a few bugs in the latest 9.1 release we will hold the upgrade for now. 

Are you referring to issues with emails in MS Outlook? If you mean different issues, please elaborate more on them since we want to make sure that the upcoming service release of Endpoint v9.1 will address them all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All clients are managed via our own tooling and RMM we don't use the ESET solutions as they are too difficult for users to install remotely, too data hungry etc.  And the bandwith is too narrow to correctly maintain those.  No problem in general but it appears that ESET is forgetting a big chunk of the market.  

 

For version 9.1 we have issues with updating and micro updates for example. File not found etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...