Deploy Agent task not exist in New Protect Console

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi Dears.

Deploy Agent task is missed in New ESET Protect Console !

When we want to deploy agent on un-managed , Wizard of creating Installer will appear. Agent install task is accessible just from server tasks. even when adding system from rogue , Agent install is not accessible.

Is it bug or ... ?

• 2 weeks later...

We appear to have the same issue. We've always deployed the agent using the wizard that created the task automatically, we entered credentials, selected the settings we wanted and the agent pushed out immediately. In version 9.1 all the Deploy Agent options are worthless as part of the Right Click menu. They all want to create downloadable installers, or scripts that can be deployed which I understand how that would work, but our techs all used the wizard and just pushed the agent straight out to the computer.

I did find that I can find the old deployment interface by going directly to the Agent Deployment tasks and creating a new Server Task for Agent Deployment. Why isn't this available in the right click menu like it was previously?

Just to be clear on what I am referring to (and what I believe the OP is referencing) here is a screenshot what we used previously to deploy the agent. We would select the new client, then Deploy Agent, select "Server Task Agent Installation" and fill out the few fields needed for the task and deploy the agent. I found we can still get to the Server Task for Agent Deployment manually by going to Tasks, but it's missing as one of the options in the right-click Deploy Agent menu.

ESET_Deploy_Agent_01.jpg

Edited by rockshox

• Administrators
  • Solution

The removal of the agent deployment task was intentional as we prefer using installers and the Remote deployment tool for deployment which is far more reliable than the task from the management console.

Marcos - Thanks for the reply. That would explain why it is missing, which is too bad as that is the primary way we have always deployed the agent and it works flawlessly for us. We will have to try out the other methods or just create the task from the Tasks menu.

• Administrators

There's an ongoing internal discussion on this topic so it's possible that some further changes with regard to agent deployment will be made since our goal is not to make things more difficult for you, quite the contrary.