Updated ESET Protect, I don't know which "major version" I am running

I use ESET PROTECT VA, I saw notification about update in Help menu, I ran it, it didn't mention to what version I am updating, I updated it anyway, after update I went to About and I see this:

ESET PROTECT (Server), Version 9.1 (9.1.2301.0)
ESET PROTECT (Web Console), Version 9.1 (9.1.292.0)

So I went to https://support.eset.com/en/kb3690-which-version-of-eset-remote-administrator-or-eset-security-management-center-server-and-related-components-do-i-have and it's not there!

I mentioned something like this already in

but let me tell you something else:

START USING PROPER CONSOLIDATED VERSION NUMBERS!

Even though main "ESET PROTECT" version is 9.1.18.0, it's components versions are a total mess. Components versions should use main version as a base, so instead of Linux agent having 9.0.2141.0 and windows agent having 9.0.1141.0 they both should have 9.1.18.0 and if you updated them then they should have 9.1.18.1 etc. Starting with 9.2 you could really change this.

Edited by kapela86

• ESET Staff

Hello @kapela86 

You have spotted an error in the mentioned KB article. Article was published with previously intended version numbers, however due to a last moment discovery, installers have been rebuilt. Now the KB was updated, and the correct versions are listed. You are running indeed the latest version of ESET PROTECT 9.1 (server / webconsole). Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

Edited by MichalJ

• ESET Staff

Hello, they are consolidated to some level of extent. Always, the first two numbers, are valid - 9.1.xxx.x 

The rest, is a bit tricky, as every component might have its own lifecycle, with regards to number of build / test cycles needed to reach release readiness. So at this moment, although It might sound like a good idea, there are some technical challenges that prevents us from realizing your suggestion. 

Also, especially the management agent - that one is shared for Protect and Protect cloud, and might be released outside of the regular "on premises" release windows. 

Edited by MichalJ