ESET LiveGuard & Proactive protection show as non-functioning after initial install of ESET Smart Security Premium

When installing ESET Smart Security Premium 15.2.11.0 on a new workstation under Computer Protection it shows ESET LiveGuard and Proactive protection in red.   Computer protection says not all required computer protection features are active.

I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it.    The issue persists.

The company owner is not satisfied with this warning.

Please advise on how to resolve it.

If this installation is using a network perimeter firewall appliance, verify it is not blocking IP addresses used by LiveGuard and LiveGrid as noted in this Eset Knowledge Base article: https://support.eset.com/en/kb332-ports-and-addresses-required-to-use-your-eset-product-with-a-third-party-firewall .

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:

1. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Also please bear in mind that ESET Smart Security Premium is a product for home users and is not intended for installation in bigger networks. The product cannot be managed remotely by ESET PROTECT for instance.

On 7/16/2022 at 6:06 AM, Marcos said:

Please carry on as follows:

2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Stop logging
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

Also please bear in mind that ESET Smart Security Premium is a product for home users and is not intended for installation in bigger networks. The product cannot be managed remotely by ESET PROTECT for instance.

I support a number of small offices.   I was directed by ESET sales to use the Smart Security Premium for offices that have 5 PC's or less without a dedicated server.     So, for the small clients that were previously using other solutions (Avast, Symantec, McAfee, etc.) I have been replacing with ESET Smart Security Premium.     If you are suggesting they use ESET Endpoint Protection instead, I am happy to use that moving forward when registering new customers.

The initial install appears to go well.   Upon initial install from the downloaded installation file there are no errors.  The issue arises immediately following the initial update that ESET does right after installation.

It appears to be happening on every machine I am installing it on.    I am downloading ESET Smart Security directly from the ESET website independently on each computer that I am installing it on.

I have attached the logs.   Thank you for your assistance.

essp_logs.zip

• Administrators

It's ok to use consumer products in a small network up to 5-10 PCs, it's just that they won't be manageable via ESET PROTECT.

The event log doesn't contain any error.Please carry on as follows:

2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Take a screenshot of the warning / error.
  5. Stop logging
  6. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide fresh logs as well as the screenshot.

4 hours ago, Marcos said:

It's ok to use consumer products in a small network up to 5-10 PCs, it's just that they won't be manageable via ESET PROTECT.

The event log doesn't contain any error.Please carry on as follows:

2. Reboot the machine
  3. Reproduce the issue
  4. Take a screenshot of the warning / error.
  5. Stop logging
  6. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide fresh logs as well as the screenshot.

The following uploads are from a different computer from a different client of mine with 7 Windows 10 Pro workstations that I recently migrated to ESET Smart Security Premium.    Every one of those workstations is experiencing the same issue as are all the workstations at the other client's location.   Two different clients - two different locations -  same issue on all the computers.   All have had ESET Smart Security installed within the last 2 months.

screenshot of ESET setup problem after clicking on setup.png

screenshot of ESET setup problem after clicking right arrow on computer protection.png

screenshot of ESET setup problem.png

essp_logs.zip