Domain Controller Policy and ESET Policy

razec06

Hi, 

If I have a domain on my network and have configurations made for all the workstations and I will intend to install ESET Endpoint that has also configurations made for all the workstations.

What will the computer follow first? Will it be the domains configuration or ESETs configuration?

Sorry about a somewhat stupid question.

• Administrators

Please clarify your query. With a domain policy you cannot configure a policy for ESET products and vice-versa.

Sorry if its not clear.

What if I have a workstation that has a domain policy applied to it and ESET policy applied to it also. Assuming that the domain policy configuration is for device control and same with ESET policy.

What will the workstation follow? Will it follow the domains policy or will it follow ESET's policy?

Will there be a conflict on the domains policy and ESETs policy if applied on the same workstation?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, razec06 said:

What if I have a workstation that has a domain policy applied to it and ESET policy applied to it also. Assuming that the domain policy configuration is for device control and same with ESET policy.

ESET policies can be applied to ESET security products via ESET PROTECT, hence it's not clear what you meant.

What I meant to say was, what if I have a GPO policy for USB Access applied to a machine that has a ESET security installed that also has a ESET policy for Device Control applied.

Will the machine read the GPO policy first then ESET policy?

Sorry if confusing, my mind got confused with domain and GPO.

• Administrators

GPO policies do not control ESET products and ESET policies created in ESET PROTECT do not affect the operating system. They are two separate things.