Can ESET be trusted?

Harshdurrani

• Most Valued Members
19 minutes ago, Harshdurrani said:

can ESET has the ability to keep user protected from severe malware? if anyone know plese let me ans, I'm waiting your valuable answer.

Thanks.

I've used ESET since v2 which is ages ago and it never failed me honestly , I also protect my family devices with it and at work I use it, but also it's better to tell the people who use the devices/surf the internet to use common sense to not fall into traps or bad links

but as an AV engine / internet security , ESET is one of the top among AV companies.

3 minutes ago, Nightowl said:

but as an AV engine / internet security , ESET is one of the top among AV companies.

It is true!

But so it is Windows Defender , free.

It is just a matter of preferences.

• Most Valued Members
24 minutes ago, rotaru said:

It is true!

But so it is Windows Defender , free.

It is just a matter of preferences.

I prefer to be protected by a professional company that has been running for several years , rather than to opt in for using a free AV that was started few years before by a company that cannot fix their security issues inside their own operating system but as you have said it's matter of preferences,

Windows Defender before few months , it was possible to completely disable it by a Registry entry , imagine what a talented programmer can do to it.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

There is no security solution that could protect you 100% from threats and attacks. ESET uses a handful of technologies to protect you at various layers to protect you to the maximum extent possible: 

https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/

Thanks For update me. ❣️

Edited by Harshdurrani

15 hours ago, Nightowl said:

I prefer to be protected by a professional company that has been running for several years , rather than to opt in for using a free AV that was started few years before by a company that cannot fix their security issues inside their own operating system but as you have said it's matter of preferences,

It is not a "free AV" , you already paid (I hope) for Windows license.

Windows received millions of feedback everyday , so can develop a very robust database.

It is just the feeling that, if you paid for something, you will get better service.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, rotaru said:

It is not a "free AV" , you already paid (I hope) for Windows license.

Feel free to use whatever AV works best in your environment. If a particular AV works for a user, it may not work well for the others in different environments.

Since this topic was created by a spammer adding covert links to his posts, we'll draw this topic topic close.

• Marcos locked this topic